1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

So I kinda crashed last week...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by David M, Apr 15, 2015.

1. David M

David M New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Before Joining this Thread, I kind of crashed my Mom's Prius a little. While parking, The car next to mine is like this HUGE Minivan, and I wasn't being very careful and the prius scraped the left corner of the other car. Their car had minimal damage, and the owner was cool with it, because the car was kinda old and a little beat up. We offered to pay for any repairs to the damage that I caused, and yeah.

So here is the damage to the Prius…

image-3.jpg image-2.jpg
    The Paint of the other vehicle is on our vehicle, and other than some dents, the prius has some scratches down to the primer on the rear wheel on the right side. The incident wasn't reported to the insurance or anything as I believe we can take care of it ourselves. After some washing and stuff, I managed to get the car looking like this: image.jpg

What do you recommend I do to finish up? Im thinking of getting Quixx Scratch Repair and some other stuff to get the rest of the other car's paint off of my mom's car, And to Seal up the tiny scratches and such by the wheel. As for the dents… I don't really know how to do the whole heat gun thing so it might be best to just let a shop take care of it. How much do you think a shop would take to care of some stuff like that? thanks!! P.S Im really not a dumb teen driver, I just messed up this oneeeee time.

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Wax and hand buffing removes a lot of imperfections. Try that first

3. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If your parents are blessed with a teenage driver?
    They just dodged a bullet!

The Prius has many blind spots for a car with as much glass as it has.
    Buff the marks out.
    Ignore the dents.
    DON'T take it to a shop.
    Be very careful with the heat gun

Make it up to Mom by trying to be a good student, and if she rags you about it remind her that you're going to be picking out her nursing home!

Good Luck!

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    that's called learning the hard way. been there, done that. and my dad yelled at me for a week. let it sink in and run with it.;)

5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I don't think that's going to buff out; see at least a couple of dent/crease zones. About 6" lower than the obvious marking, looks like it's pushed in a bit. At the wheel well looks pushed in below and above the obvious marking.

Somewhere around $1000?

Capture.JPG

6. Blizzard_Persona

Blizzard_Persona Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser works wonders..:D

I scuffed my front bumper on a pole while entering a car wash and had paint transfer on my dodge charger. It looked bad but the Magic Eraser and a little elbow grease made it as good as new..

Fyi.