1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

So long, old friend...

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by RomaniGypsy, Nov 27, 2019.

1. RomaniGypsy

RomaniGypsy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    So, today we traded away the best car we've ever owned. We got it up over 229,000 miles... but the less-than-two-week-old baby who is currently crying for yet another feeding after I just finished one less than a half hour ago heralded the end of an era. When we bought it, we didn't think we could have kids, and we figured we'd drive it into the ground. It did what we needed when we had one child, but now with two... it's minivan time. It simply doesn't fit two rear-facing car seats, 6'2" me and my 6'3" wife, and all of our gear.

I can only hope that the '08 Sienna we got is as good as the Prius was. If any of y'all want a cheap '14 Prius v with the head gasket job already done, it's at BNM Auto Group in Girard, Ohio. I don't see how I could put up a classified ad for it when I no longer own it, but it's there. Very little rust, too, since we kept it undercoated.

I wish Toyota made a Prius minivan or hybrid Sienna for the American market. Why they can't use the hybrid Highlander's powertrain for it is beyond my intellect.

scona likes this.
  2. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    There is a hybrid Rav4 and the kids get loaded into the car seats lots easier at that height.