1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

So much for Toyota's job creation

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by malorn, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Yeah, see, I bet that resulted/will result in an increase of "business". I would imagine it's fair to say many wealthy women with gynecologic cancers will be knocking on his door...

2. mdmikemd

mdmikemd Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Well, it was in one of our Journals, the public never hears that. Also, in my experience, when a woman has some gyn cancer, she wants it out as soon as possible. Just send them to the nearest gyn onc.

Well, I'd love to chat more, but it's late and my wife has her naturalization exam tomorrow, I guess I'm more nervous than her, she's asleep.

3. Mystery Squid

If there's one thing I'm not going to regret in life, it's the chance of never having to meet ANY doctor...

:lol:

4. Mystery Squid

No prob. and good luck!

:)

5. mdmikemd

mdmikemd Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    it's late, are you trying to get me started on preventive health care now :rolleyes:

6. Mystery Squid

Hahahah, no...

I know the whole jazz, particularly since I've just entered my 30's... screen for high blood pressure, check cholesterol levels, yada, yada, yada... :lol:

Although it does seem to be a pain in the nice person to schedule an appointment with you guys... Most of the time I seem to get something like: on the third Sunday after the 4th blue moon during the winter solstice... miss that appointment, and you're screwed, better luck in ANTIOCH... :angry:

PLUS, I want to see if there's a doc. out there that will see me and keep NO record of me or my visit (even though I would imagine there's some sort of gov. reqirement?). Complete confidentiality is my number one priority. I would even consider travelling out ouf country, as the U.S. has become way too GESTAPO in this respect...

7. mdmikemd

mdmikemd Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm sure there is a way, but you'd probably just need a lot of cash.

8. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    If that is all it is, a simple regional adjustment, why does the US continue to run staggering trade deficits? Last time I checked the textile industry had moved again, this time to China.

9. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    So if you are the best surgeon in the world, or the country, or the state or the city it will have no bearing on what you are able to charge in the said jurisdiction? So if you go to your local hospital you will get the same level of expertise as you would at the Mayo clinic? How much more would a trip to the Mayo clinic cost than a trip to your local hospital? 10 or 20 times as much?

10. mdmikemd

mdmikemd Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Go back about 1 or 2 pages in this thread. Mystery Squid and I had a long conversation about this subject. Truly, the "best" docs in this country devote their energy to research and the advancement of medical knowledge and are really not interested in finishing the game with the most money. The docs who make the most money are probably the ones who have "fooled" the rich of this country into thinking they have skills that no one else can offer them.

11. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    So who cares? Nothing is static, industry must be fluid and adapt to changing trends and even changing global priorities.

The Big Three were so successful at hiding from the Real World that the Real World caught up to them.

It’s like a co-worker I knew back in the early 90’s: not the brightest bulb on the tree but had a fancy, slick way of talking. Just like a used car salesman, now that I think of it.

He refused to look at employment trends, refused to update his skills, and refused to believe he could ever become obsolete. I should mention he had average – not great – skills with DEC VAX and S/400.

Obviously the employment trends in that field changed, and he should have clued in when he saw those systems being mothballed. Instead he proclaimed even louder that it was Business As Usual, and *he* didn’t have to change.

In 2002 I heard he *finally* was let go, kicking and screaming. Well, who cares? He did it to himself.

I find myself stuck in an endless cycle of training and upgrading, career development, attending symposia, etc. I also recognize that – at least in the field of Industrial Automation – all the action is in China and India. I don’t even bother with the North American market, stick a fork in it, it’s done.

12. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Yes, that was *very* easy to Google.

Ironic (Both ha-ha and interesting) now that it has come full circle, that there a "problem."

13. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The private "for profit" health care model appears to ignore Preventative Medicine: routine vaccinations, lifestyle counselling, etc. That appears SOP for any For Profit model, where long-term costs are ignored.

If the Private Health Care model is claimed to be the "best" then one should examine the Mortality and Morbidity reports that contrast the U.S. to European nations. Some contradictions there, especially with infant mortality.

14. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Actually, thanks to advanced plastic surgery and hormones, that could be arranged.

15. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Again if we are the 'big bad US' when it comes to trade why have we run a staggering deficit almost as long as I have been alive?

16. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius

i have my doubts as to whether squid could handle that.

17. Mystery Squid

although jayman could, he definitely pisses and moans a lot.....

18. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Hmmm you have something to hide then?

I recommend travelling to Mexico, Cuba, or Thailand. Plenty of doctors there routinely accept cash patients, and ask no nosey or embarassing questions about bullet exit wounds, putrid discharges from a certain reproductive organ, or the sudden need to change appearance.

19. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    and he is NEVER wrong! :lol:

20. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Probably because very slick and evil marketing execs have convinced most Americans to stop saving, to run up credit to the point of being upside down on every payment, and to generally run hog-wild until the bills come in.