1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

So this jerk-off says...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Mystery Squid, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of course, my attitude is that I don't waste time arguing with chuckleheads like that. Who the heck cares what some uninformed environment-hating twink "thinks" anyway? Certainly not moi.

What surprised me recently, when talking to a couple of tire stores about getting all-season tires for my Prius, was when I said that the car was a Prius, their responses were "who makes a Prius? I never heard of it." LOL

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  3. Sid

Sid New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid\";p=\"107220)</div>
    Good point, that's one way I'm looking at it.
    In contrast to the Honda Civic Hybrid and Accord Hybrid, there is no non-Hybrid Prius that can be bought for a cheaper price with the same features.
    The 2 closest gas stations to where I live sell the 87 octane (cheapest) at $2.47/gal. (as of 7/17).

4. Sid

Sid New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(flareak\";p=\"107328)</div>
    I'm loving just walking up to my locked Prius, touching the handle to unlock and open the door, getting in and starting it up with the push of a button, all the while never taking the "key" out of my pocket.
    Driving a "regular" car seems so primitive now.

5. dstrout

dstrout New Member

Gaithersburg, MD (suburb of Washington, D.C.)
    "You'll come for the mileage, you'll stay for the gadgets!" At least for me, that's how I got here. I was bleeding to death] over 100 mi / day on premium. When I started looking for an economy car, then I zero'd in on the prius, and elected to spend the extra money over a mini-econocan because of the emissions & gadgets.

It also helped to relieve some guilt, It's very uncomfortable arriving at the organic food store in a V-8 :)

6. dstrout

dstrout New Member

Gaithersburg, MD (suburb of Washington, D.C.)
    Oh, and it does make sense in $$ terms. I'll go from spending roughly $5K / year on gas to $1500. $3500 / yr. is a lot of money.

if you care, math as follows:
    Then: (100 mi / day / 15 mpg) = 6.6 gal / day * 250 weekdays / year * $2.69 / gal = $4483 / yr. + weekends ~ $5K

Now: (100 mi / day / 45 mpg) = 2.2 gal / day * 250 weekdays * $2.45 gal = $1347 / yr. + weekends ~ $1500)

and that assumes gas stays steady (not bloody likely)

7. micheal

micheal I feel pretty, oh so pretty.

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sid\";p=\"107982)</div>
    I hear you, SE/SS makes it just so much cooler and is such a great convenience. Getting in our other car seems like a step back in time. I really enjoy that only other cars with it are luxury vehicles. It is priceless to tell people that it it detects your fingerprint or that only I can open the door.