1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

So Whats the Word in WA?

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by LTRAiN, Jun 1, 2009.

1. LTRAiN

LTRAiN New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Moved to WA state threads.
    Merged

2. LTRAiN

LTRAiN New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    What's the Word on the 2010?

I put a deposit down with the internet guy at a seattle area dealer a few weeks ago and the only thing I'm hearing is crickets!

I'm not flexible with my color or package. Which hurts my chances.

Starting to worry about that 7/31 deadline for sales tax exemption.

Should I contact multiple dealers? Is there some sort of organized regional allocation so I dont have to do this? Or is it every dealer for themselves?
    Should I contact a dealer in PDX?
    Should I let it ride for a few weeks?

I told the guy to call me when any package is in so i could test drive, check golf club/baby seat parameters and I've heard nothing.

Anyone took a test drive around Seattle?

I suspect I'm in the same boat with alot of you here.

The sales tax repeal thing really sucks. I didn't want to have to buy right away.

3. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm not in Seattle, but some of the questions are more region generic.

Generally every dealer for themselves here. Allocations are overall to the region, but distributed individually to each dealer. Dealers can trade, but on such a high demand car, I doubt they would unless they were getting something in return they REALLY needed/wanted.

You are correct in that the color/package combo rigidity will hurt. Your distance willing to travel will help that.

What sort of golf club/baby seat parameters are you seeking?

I was able to get a Peg-Perego stroller into the 2010 hatch w/o any funny angles whereas the 2004 I had to come in at an angle to fit within the hump cutouts. Golf clubs would probably work similarly well, but I'll try those tonight. Either way, those w/ a cargo net will have a bit of a harder time getting up and over as the 2010 cargo net sits up a bit higher than the 2004 (at least mine does the way it was installed).

As for kid seats, we have a Graco base in the rear on the driver's side. Tried center position (not the best for LATCH), but the center console lid would bump into the base as it slides back if the child seat was installed, which is unacceptable if you need both cupholders (it also blocks center armrest in the rear w/ the other cupholders). We have a Britax convertible as well that I can put in and take pics of for reference. It's one of the narrower models which we chose based on the size of the previous cars, etc.

Hope this helps.

1 person likes this.
  4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes to the contact multiple dealers question. Other than that I know that Oregon/WA were some of the first to get the 2010 so they should have some around or more coming in, though I don't know how many are allocated.

Search for Winebuff 's posts about her recommended dealers as she had amazing success.

5. LTRAiN

LTRAiN New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    i just want to make sure i can fit my golf bag in the back and have it covered so it doesn't get stolen...not that im golfing much these days because of the two ankle biters discussed below.

right now we have a 18 month old and an infant with their respective seats. I want to make sure I can fit one of them behind me without having to drive with my knees in my chest.

even in my accord i have to scoot my seat up a little to give the 18 month old a little leg room in her seat behind me.

the only way to do it is to see the car and put my stuff in it.

thanks for the help tho.

i soo dont want to have to do a big search. it totally sucks the sales tax thing got repealed. I would have much rather waited until winter to deal with this. now i have until 7/31 or i have to pay sales tax.

i saw that PDX or oregon dealers have cars...it seems like WA dealers maybe got one or so each in may and are only expecting a few more in the next week or two.

the demand is going to be artificially high until that 7/31 cutoff.

6. Jabber

Jabber Chicagoland Prius Guy

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Re: What's the Word on the 2010?

Lots of people have already taken delivery of their 2010 in your area. Contact your dealership again.

7. theDogLady

theDogLady Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I had a similar experience (crickets, with money down) throughout April & May. I've been trolling on PriusChat (thank goodness) and was able to keep quite informed. This is my first post, so I don't know if it's okay to list dealers or not, but you can PM me and I'll share the details.

In my experience, it helps to contact more than one dealer (for the illusion of activity, if nothing more) and I actually got on the phone to personally make calls instead of internet (I found this to be effective). I was unpleasantly surprised to find there are some highly unmotivated salespeople and I'd be glad to share the names of the helpful individuals. It's worth it to seek them out (frustration = slackers when you're working under a 7/31 deadline).

8. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Yes, Winebuff IS TRUELY AMAZING. I had a Priority Order and yet, she was able to call around and get My Car two days earlier than I got My Car. Kudos to Winebuff.

And thanks to DUALPWR, I think I have to put up with being the second person in WA to get the 2010, but I am getting over it slowly.

9. LTRAiN

LTRAiN New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    i drove a package v with nav but wrong color last week. bad idea. now i really want one. the dealer i have a deposit with said they can see inventory for 5 states and will do their best to get the package/color i want before 7/31. they didnt promise anything tho.

the car seats fit ok..not quite as good as the accord, but not a deal breaker...same with golf clubs, they fit but it was tight...also not a deal breaker.

i really like the two guys ive been working with and would love to buy the car there, but can they get my car in time??

i now know they can see what their getting in 2-3 weeks which is good for me to have some notice to get some money together, but if i havent heard anything yet that means no dice thru the beginning of july....starting to cut it close.

10. marduk

marduk New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Would love to see the pictures with the car seats... that's one of my main point of interest with the prius.

11. LTRAiN

LTRAiN New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    hey marduk....i know its a hassle but most dealers do have some 10's in stock. the best way is to go check out the car for yourself...the only danger is really liking it like i did.

i dont think you would be able to have the driver's seat all the way back and have a forward facing car seat behind you...the seat back almost touches the car seat..ie no room for the kiddies feet/legs.