1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

So where are the prius's in Texas?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by windstrings, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :D Howdy dbotello

In your commute, you possibly drive by the Fred Haas Toyota Dealership (East side of I45) - the original dealer for my Prius. My Prius was originally owned (albeit breifly for 4,000 miles) by a Toyota employee for her 80+ y.o. Father-in-Law who died without driving the Prius much if at all.

I bought it in an eBay auction, flew Southwest down from Dallas and drove it home after visiting two of my children's families in the Houston area.

TO THOSE WHO WOULD LIKE TO SEE A PRIUS MEETUP GROUP RE-ACTIVATED IN THE DALLAS AREA - Anyone one willing to step forware and be its "Organizer" - pay the 3-month ~$70 fee, then collect from attendees at the meetings? It was partially this fee from the national organization which triggered the demise of the Dallas area group.

2. micheal

micheal I feel pretty, oh so pretty.

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Geez, talked about some skewed priorities!

3. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Why in the world does it cost 70.00 per 3 months?, Is that the fee to maintain the web site or something?... sounds like it got a bit too elaborate.
    Why not just have an organizer and email the members for communication until someone is willing to maintain a web site for free or very cheap for fun......

4. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <_< Hi again windstrings...

Seems the "national" Meetup Group web site does not share the email addresses with subscribers or (apparently) the "Organizer." The challenge in going independent would be getting a list of email addresses of Prius owners in the area. The ~$70 fee is probably to maintain the data bases and web site - and make a profit.

Hmmm... <_< Wonder is there is a "public information" source... perhaps listing licenses by Make, Model and County... worth a thought. But then, that would require funds for a mailing... Oh well...

5. dpower

dpower Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Charles Suitt @ Mar 21 2006, 01:05 PM) [snapback]227906[/snapback]</div>
    Perhaps the prius chat board can setup a meetup style email bot ?

6. wrprice

wrprice Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Here in Houston I usually see one or two a day, but I don't do a lot of driving. I know there are at least 2 others in the parking garage for the building where I work.

Among my close friends, we have a 2004 Salsa, my 2005 Millenium Silver, and a 2006 blue -- I really want to get them lined up in that order in front of a Hummer dealership... but I don't think the dealer would think it very patriotic.

I'm also interested in starting a Houston user group... keep me posted.