1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

So whose red Prius was this?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by eklabbers, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Presto @ Jan 18 2007, 05:32 PM) [snapback]377467[/snapback]</div>
    Also, AWD or 4WD means absolutely ZILCH on ICE!!! its just 4 wheels that have no traction............ :lol:

2. kdailey356

kdailey356 New Member

I have an AWD 2007 328XI with the stock tires and it perfomed amazingly in vermont the previous weekend with lots of ice and snow on the road. One road was basically all ice... and my car has the stock tires. So im pretttty sure that the BMW (same body as mine) is an AWD. All i wanted to say is that it seemed like the only vehicle able to drive out of all of these cars.

3. donee

donee New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi All,

I do not doubt the BMW AWD car is very good in slick conditions, but this video does not show that at all. The BMW turned off the slick road, onto the side street, before it got to the downhill section. Look at the surounding cars and street features where the closeup of the BMW is taken. That is the side street all the way to the left (where the fire engine comes out of later in the video). The fire engine did not slide down from there. That is the top of the hill. Look at where the SUV starts to accellerate. Its about one car length to the right from that intersection.

So, the BMW had the most aware driver, but if he would have driven about 5 feet further down the hill, it would have all over just like all the other cars.

4. edselpdx

edselpdx Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Yes, Portland, SW 20th and Salmon. The KING station is in Seattle, but just about everyone has linked this all over the web by now. KING appears to have enhanced the audio for crash sounds. I first saw this raw on the local NBC affiliate here in Portland on Tuesday; it was a staying-home teacher who recorded it from the roof. The best part is that this was NOT ice. It was dry fluffy powder at 26 degr F. No ice under the snow at all...just 3-5 inches of fresh powder on a steep hill. And a fire truck did show up to block the road at the top of the hill, but it got hit by two more cars while blocking the road. Luckily, I can work from home and avoided driving in the worst of this.