1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What is this I hear that there is a soft reset procedure? Anyone know how to do it? A search of the boards came up with the feul economy meter reset info.

2. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Soft reset? What do you mean?

you can reboot the car by turning the power off, waiting a few minutes and turning the car on. That often clears a few problems. Sometimes the car hangs on Ig-On mode when you intended to go to Ready. Only way out of that is to power off (press power without brake pressed). I believe that is caused by the immobilizer not detecting the fob on re-verification of its presence.

3. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Not sure someone mentioned that they performed a soft reset on their car when it stalled on the freeway. This allowed it to be restarted so they could drive to a dealer. They mentioned it was a procedure that took about 5 min.

4. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

They probably turned the car off, waited 5 minutes, then powered back uo. Usually the car will retry starting ICE and succeed.

5. jsorger

jsorger New Member

I believe that I made the reference.

If memory serves, the red triangle warning light was on, and the normal power-up, power-down cycling did nothing to turn off the light. The car was in 'park.' Would not shift into 'drive' mode.

The solution was, while the car was on, triangle illuminated, shifting the car into neutral, with the foot on the brake. Holding down the power button for 3-5 seconds turned the car off. Turning it on again seemed to clear the triangle. Might have had to do it twice, I can't remember.

I recalled seeing this mentioned as a 'soft reset' procedure but can't remember exactly where... Sorry if I mis-spoke.