1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Softex Cleaner

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Vinoh, Mar 22, 2012.

1. My590L

My590L Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I tried a Magic Eraser on my Softex to try and remove a pen mark on the drivers seat. It didn't come up at all. Not sure what else to try that won't do any damage to the material.

Any other experiences out there with cleaning pen marks from Softex?

2. Okinawa

Okinawa Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I'll tell you from the outset that I do not have Softex and I don't know if this product will work for you or not but it is a good stain remover. Google
    Stain Removal | Pet Stain Remover | Gonzo Products
    . I buy the 1 FL. OZ. GONZO TAKE-ME-ALONG STAIN REMOVER. It costs about 6 dollars.

3. Okinawa

Okinawa Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    By looking at your photos it sure looks like something worked.

4. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Last ballpoint pen mark I had came off quickly with a soft cloth, a little Windex and some elbow grease. I guess not all pens are the same, but most ballpoints are water based ink.

5. My590L

My590L Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Thanks for the tip and experience. I just used a little windex type solution from Home Depot (their ZEP line of window cleaner) and it looks like it took out a lot of the blue ink. Its not completely gone, but it sure did take a lot of elbow grease to knock it down. I followed up with a little soapy water solution to wipe down the seat. We'll see if it ends of fading after a little while. I read somewhere else on here that someone had used a cleaner of some sort, then after a while, the stain just faded away.

6. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    It'll wear away if there's enough butts sliding in and out. ;)

7. My590L

My590L Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    After a few days, the pen mark is completely gone! I think rdgrimes is onto something using Windex/ windex-type cleaner on pen marks on Softex! While it didn't completely come up after cleaning, it did slowly fade away after a few days.

8. sonomac

sonomac Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Does anyone know about cleaning zinc oxide(sunscreen) out of the softex. Regular cleaners are not working.