1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Softex seats or faux leather seat covers?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by PS3PriusC90, May 4, 2012.

1. PS3PriusC90

PS3PriusC90 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I am debating whether I should get the Prius C2 or C4. The only standard feature above the C2 trim level I want is the softex seats. Are the softex seats worth it? Based on my calculations, I could potentially save $3,000 give or take a couple hundred by getting the C2 trim level and then getting leatherette (or faux leather as I like to call it) seat covers. A question I have about seat covers; how convincing are they? Are they so good that even an expert cannot tell they are seat covers, or can they be spotted a mile away?

2. TC400

TC400 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I say go for the c3 get fake leather seat covers. Perfect combo.

3. SquallLHeart

SquallLHeart The Techie Guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    if all you want from the package 4 is the softex.. then forget it..

get some good seat covers... look into clazzio. they make seat covers that fit like a friggin glove... and most people can't tell they're covers because they are made to fit that snug.

4. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    There was some question about using seat covers in the Prius c, due to the seat cushion airbags.

This would also create some question about the availability of Clazzio seat covers. They are made to specifically fit the vehicle.

I know they are designed to work with side airbags, the presented question has been would they work with "seat cushion" airbags?

Also as far as rear seats go, how about the bottom seat back that actually is the top for the battery storage area...the battery is below the rear seatback? Would this be problematic in any commercially available seat covers?

Yeah, I'd hate to step up to level 4 just for Softex, and if available Clazzio's are IMO a very upscale and good looking option.

But does anyone know if Clazzio's are even available for a Prius c?

5. Erikon

Erikon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Not available yet, the V is up, so the C should be shortly.

6. SquallLHeart

SquallLHeart The Techie Guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    as of right now, talking to the folks i know, clazzio doesn't have them available yet for the C.. but they should be shortly.

i figured i'd give them a plug since those are the only covers I'd think of using because of their quality, wide selection of customization options, and the fact they look like they were a complete re-upholster job.. but not.

every high-quality seat cover, including clazzio.. would have threads that would break away for the seat airbags.. and would work fine without any issues if the airbags deploy.

for other seat covers... i do not know.. which is why i've been only eyeballing clazzio.. lol..