1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Software update (31 Oct 2017)

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by UltraJetRefill, Nov 1, 2018.

1. UltraJetRefill

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    We brought my wife's 2017 Two in today for the J0T (wiring harness) recall, and the dealer said they will also do the software update that was released yesterday. Anyone have any idea what it updates?

I'm hoping it will allow our US Prius to now show Celsius temperature units, but one can dream. o_O:D

2. Fester

Fester Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Looked this one up as I have the same Prius 2. The software update is apparently for the ICS system (the sonar based crash avoidance system, which is also involved with pedestrian detection too). Seems that it relates to a situation encountered when using a Carwash that can trigger the brakes, even if in neutral. You can see the update when you log in to Toyota under "My Vehicle". I haven't even received a notice about the wiring harness yet...

UltraJetRefill likes this.
  3. RRxing

RRxing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    I never received a notice but the dealer performed the J0T recall when I brought it in for its 15K tire rotation/fluid check.