1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Software update problem

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by oneartist, Dec 22, 2018.

1. oneartist

oneartist Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm using an Amazon purchased Mini-VCIj2534 cable for my 2006 Prius. When I connect to my computer, I was asked to update my Techstream software. Since I'm not a dealer, I picked the bottom selection? The site has an old user name I used long ago at Toyota but I cannot get past the password. I've changed my password. Nothing works. I called the help number on the right side and they asked me for my dealer number. I said I was not a dealer. I was given another number for non dealers but no response.
    After I reconditioned my main battery using a Prolong Charger/Discharger I got the red Triangle. Maybe I should go back and make sure my main disconnect is correctly hooked up.

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Mini VCI is bootleg software, therefore if you expect it to work you need to follow the installation instructions and disconnect the laptop from Internet access.

Skibob likes this.
  3. Skibob

Skibob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It’s bricked. Uninstall the software and reinstall it but read the directions on how to install it before you try again, I think you missed a step. Also don’t have your computer connected to the internet when you use the program. It tries to phone home and bricks itself.