1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Solar & Sustainable Buildings Tour

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by sparkyAZ, Oct 22, 2009.

1. sparkyAZ

sparkyAZ übergeek

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    For those interested, there is a free self-guided tour of different homes in the Phoenix area to showcase the solar, energy-efficient, and renewable technologies the owners have implemented. The tour is this weekend (October 24 and 25).

More info and a map can be found at: Arizona Solar Center

2. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    For folks interested in solar tours elsewhere, most of you missed it. ASES National Solar Tour day for most locations is usually around the first Saturday of October. I was traveling, and missed it too.

BUT -- some areas have different dates, and some are still in the future, so follow the link and check. In addition to the Phoenix area this weekend, Tucson's tour is Oct 31 - Nov 1.

And please try several different sources. Different sites seem to highlight different locations, and make other locations hard to notice.

3. howardbc

howardbc Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thank you, SparkyAZ! I may checkout some of the homes near me.
    My own home may qualify for a tour but I don't want to be included. I have 16 solar panels on my flat roof and my bill from APS is always much lower than other homes in my area. Also, I have 6 skylights and never have to turn on a light during the day.