1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SOLD my 2005 .. -Seller's Be "Aware" - Here's what I learned!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bshef, Jan 24, 2021.

1. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That link is for custom shipping to custom locations, for citizens moving a single vehicle, just once.

Those ex/importers serving certain specific high demand markets are regularly shipping in huge bulk to a single location. The economics are very different.

2. ToyotaGal

ToyotaGal Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a 05 Sienna with 340,000. Last spring, I was at the gas station, and a Asian looking man comes up to me and asks me if I want to sell it. At the time it had a hole in the passenger door. I think he offered me 3k for it . I looked at him and said why d you want to over pay for a car ready for the junk yard? He told me he ships them to Cambodia and they get fixed up. People can't afford cars there. I declined as I did not have the Prius yet.

When I was looking for the Prius, I saw a lot of them for sale with 200+ miles for 2,500.00 Day after day week after week they were still there. I doubt they went to Cambodia.

PS I went to the junk yard, purchased a door with the same color and swapped it out for the bad door. Now she is mad at me because I primarily drive the Prius and has been at the mechanics for a few weeks.