1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

"Soldiers of Islam" bomb Record Store

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by desynch, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Lywyllyn

Lywyllyn New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lowlander @ Mar 21 2007, 04:00 AM) [snapback]409456[/snapback]</div>

That is an awesome response! How can you change a mindset, something that is so close to your core of being that it would blind you from seeing another's point of view?

I will choose to take the high road on the original post and second lowlanders question, which I believe is really the crux of the problem discussed here. How do you teach acceptance and tolerance in a world filled with religious edicts prohibiting mingling with others, social norms preventing the expression of self and fulfillment of happiness?

This is an honest and serious question. Please treat it as such.

Thank you!

2. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Mar 21 2007, 05:25 PM) [snapback]409808[/snapback]</div>
    Ah yes, damn liberals just hate America, huh?

I never denied that there probably are terror cells currently operating in the US. But lets take a look at it, shall we? 0.6% of Americans are Muslim, according to the last US Census. Given that there are approximately 300 million people in the US, that makes 1.8 Million Muslims living in America. to put that in comparison, New York, LA, Chicago, and Huston are the only cities in the US with populations greater than 1.8 million.

So tell me, of those 1.8 Million Muslims living in the US, how many are involved in terror cells? a dozen? a hundred? a thousand?

Stop your hatred of these people based solely on the Muslim label, and start respecting their culture and way of life. That is the only way we'll win the War on Terror. The more of them we kill, imprison, or torture, the more will learn to hate us.

3. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Mar 22 2007, 10:48 AM) [snapback]410115[/snapback]</div>
    you have it backwards - all you need are a handful of terrorists - they can potentially kill tens of thousands - and will if they have the opportunity to. besides, to think that hezbollah and the other groups that liberals find no objection to, do not have several hundered well trained and well planted operatives here is foolish.

recall last weeks alert as to possible bad guys driving school buses - little things like that.

by putting your head in the sand and saying if we make nice to the bad guys in the middle east they will somehow start to love us or like us or respect us is naive at best, deadly at worst. which side do you want to err on - we already know that answer - sadly.

we leave iraq, this enemy who hit us before we were in iraq, will follow us home - AGAIN.

let iran go nuclear - he will be carrying nukes with him too.

the choice is yours.

4. eagle33199

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Dude, all i'm saying is don't promote hate of a group because some of the individuals are bad. You and desynch here are calling for us all to hate and condemn 1.8 million Americans, most of whom have done absolutely nothing wrong, and won't do anything wrong. The last time America, as a country, did that, it was with the Japanese-American concentration camps - an act that has sense been regretted and condemned by most Americans.

5. Lywyllyn

Lywyllyn New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Mar 22 2007, 10:00 AM) [snapback]410121[/snapback]</div>
    oh so you think that all the baddies are in Iraq right now? No one left in the US to do us harm. That is good to know.

Yo, ehmdee, I believe your approach is a short term solution, one that is forcing a temporary victory, one that is undermined by cementing the wrong believe that western societies want to wipe out Islam.
    The old country perscuted, hanged and harrassed Americans in this country, do you honestly think that a military solution can correct an ideology? If you believe that, we all would be singing 'long live the queen'.

Have we bowed down to the terrorist and submitted to Islam since 911? Absolutely not, and neither will they bow to us no matter how much invading and combat engagements will undertake.

I believe we are arguing that while a military solution will keep the enemy occupied, it is NOT a long term solution, unless you are proposing genocide or should that be religiocide? I don't believe in turning the other cheek when someone attacks my family, lifestyle or country, but I also have the intelligence to realize that have to work on changing a fundamental believe system to accept my life and lifestyle if I want a long term solution to conflict.

6. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lywyllyn @ Mar 22 2007, 11:42 AM) [snapback]410153[/snapback]</div>
    Very well said. Thank you. I agree.

7. desynch

desynch Die-Hard Conservative

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Mar 22 2007, 09:48 AM) [snapback]410115[/snapback]</div>
    HAHAHAHAHA.. THE ONLY WAY TO WIN THE WAR ON TERROR IS TO RESPECT THEIR CULTURE AND WAY OF LIFE? HAHAHAHAHAHA..

You are so naive, little liberal. It's allll our fault that there are terrorists, huh?

8. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Mar 22 2007, 11:19 AM) [snapback]410138[/snapback]</div>
    NO I AM NOT - MY PARTNER IS MUSLIM SO IS HIS WIFE - WE ARE BEST FRIENDS - My anesthesiologist is Muslim. STOP ACTING STUPID! It is umimportant how many muslim friends i have.

I am saying be realistic, like my partner is, know who your friends are and who your enemies are. Underestimating your foes - which is what you are doing - has the potential of causing mass murder here in the USA.

in the same way you are giving blanket coverage to ALL Muslims you are allowing your guard to drop. this is real easy - those that want to harm us have declared their intentions already - those are the guys shooting at our boys, those are the guys calling for the destruction of satan, they are the same guys who have done this before and before and before -- go back in history 1,000 years - things have not changed much except the lethality of their weapons.

WAKE UP - how many more dead Americans will it take for you to see who the enemy is?

And, please, if you are going to take sides, please take the side that exposes us to the lowest possible risk of mass casualties.

Geeez, if my partner can see it, why cant you?

9. desynch

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Mar 22 2007, 11:22 AM) [snapback]410176[/snapback]</div>
    Because he is a blind liberal with his head in the sand (or up his nice person, whichever).. Because he'd rather rally up against his own countrymen than stand up for what is right. He'd rather do what "feels good" because the truth is cold and ugly.

People like him and the rest of the liberals that tolerate Islamofacism will be the reason more terror attacks occur here - because of his short sightedness and ignorance.. their "tolerance" will be used against them.

What surprises me is how all these libtards are so pro "womens rights" and pro this and that.. but they want me to "respect" a culture that murders their own women for being raped.. stones women, cuts off limbs, tortures people... treats women like dogs on leashes..

The ignorance you liberals exhibit is astounding.. and far from funny. It is easier for you to call me a "NeoCon" or say that I'm lumping them all together, which I clearly have not. It is easier for you to blame yourselves/us than to look at the cold truth - that there are a large group of Islamofacists that want us all dead because we are FREE (not under Sharia Law).

10. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lywyllyn @ Mar 22 2007, 11:42 AM) [snapback]410153[/snapback]</div>
    no they are not all in iraq today - a lot of them are and they know the importance of not losing that battle.

i believe in a multifactorial approach using our strenghts and highlighting our enemies weaknesses.

have we bowed down since 9/11 - yes some of us have - murtha, pelosi, reed - all those that think iraq is not part of the battle against islamoterrorism.

yes there is a solution to correcting an ideology that partially involves our military - almost like the way we destroyed the ideologies of slavery, nazism, fascism, militant japanese ideologies, etc. many ideologies have been destroyed throughout history my military means. this one will take more than just our military - but it involves it substantially - overtly and covertly.

11. eagle33199

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Mar 22 2007, 11:22 AM) [snapback]410176[/snapback]</div>
    How many more dead Americans will it take for you to see that, as someone else stated so elegantly, you can't fight an ideology with soldiers and guns?

2 or more per day in Iraq.

12. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Mar 22 2007, 12:30 PM) [snapback]410182[/snapback]</div>
    they have so many false constructs that they must adhere to it is amazing how they keep things straight. your womens rights issue is one of them.

how about capital punishment - its not ok to off an adult with dna evidence of committing a capital crime but its ok to pop the head of an unborn 9 month old baby out of its mothers birth canal, insert a pair of scissors into its skull, stick of vacuum cleaner into that wound and suck out its brains and then push the dead "fetus" back into the mother so it can self abort. That is FREAKEN CRAZY - but that is one of their constructs.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Mar 22 2007, 12:39 PM) [snapback]410187[/snapback]</div>
    ask the nazis how we did with our guns and soldiers :lol:

if you want to surrender, go ahead, DO NOT BRING ME WITH YOU.

13. eagle33199

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    The two situations aren't anywhere near similar... Then, we were fighting a country bent on world domination. Now, we're fighting a group of people with no country bent only on destruction.

In the war, we defeated the country, but not the ideology - there are still Nazi's out there today.

BTW, YOU LOSE

On another note, why is it the right always seems to think the only solution to a problem is to erode civil liberties while calling on the military to take action?

14. desynch

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Mar 22 2007, 11:39 AM) [snapback]410187[/snapback]</div>
    Then what is it our Soldiers/Marines are doing over there? Oh that's right, you liberals thinking they're being "wasted".

15. eagle33199

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    They're over there bravely sacrificing their lives for a country they love being led into the ground by a moron who wanted to follow in daddy's footsteps.

16. desynch

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Mar 22 2007, 12:06 PM) [snapback]410201[/snapback]</div>
    So... so.. so.. very silly.

So it was an "idealogy" that killed all those Jews? It was an "idealogy" that killed everying during 9/11?

Nazi's killed the Jews.
    Islamofacists killed our citizens in 9/11 and our soldiers everyday.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Mar 22 2007, 12:18 PM) [snapback]410219[/snapback]</div>
    Wrong. They are defending our country by having the battle against Islamofacism over there and not here! You little gun-grabbing liberals wouldn't be able to defend yourselves if we had a war on our own soil. You'd all be little SHEEP trying to hide behind the sheep dogs such dbermand and myself.

17. Dan-Wolfe

Dan-Wolfe Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lowlander @ Mar 21 2007, 05:00 AM) [snapback]409456[/snapback]</div>

You destroy the emeny's will to resist through overwhelming force.

Trust me, it's been done.

18. desynch

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Mar 22 2007, 12:06 PM) [snapback]410201[/snapback]</div>
    Which of your civil liberties have been violated?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dan-Wolfe @ Mar 22 2007, 12:24 PM) [snapback]410226[/snapback]</div>
    Dan, liberals don't study history.. Facts are too "real" for them.

19. eagle33199

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Mar 22 2007, 12:25 PM) [snapback]410227[/snapback]</div>
    Do we really need to list the illegal wiretaps, use of torture, etc that this administration has performed?

20. desynch

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Mar 22 2007, 12:32 PM) [snapback]410233[/snapback]</div>
    It isn't illegal if the Supreme Court says it isn't.

Use of torture? You mean water boarding? You have a problem water-boarding someone that wants to kill our children? Do you think if you were captured by them that they'd "talk to you nicely"?