1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Solid (larger) phone dash mouth?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by davekro, Dec 23, 2013.

1. davekro

davekro Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    What cell phone dash mounts have people been using that work well for the Prius dash? Preferably something solid so you could use the touchscreen without it flopping around. Mounts within easy reach of the drivers hand. I'm hoping there is a mount that would fit just to the left of the volume knob and below the clock/timer buttons. Hopefully the view here would not be blocked by the steering wheel. Or anyone mount their phone just under the power button and left of the shift knob? (not sure if this would be in the way of the right knee.)

Basically, what are people using, how do you like it. (brand, model, price and where you bought it would be very helpful if you recall.)
    It is for a wider phone (LG G Pro e980, w/ 5.5" screen.
    Thanks

2. Diver Allen

Diver Allen Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Since my car is a hybrid I've also got a hybrid cell phone holder <g>.

I've got a Motorola Razr Maxx HD. I've also got an Otterbox Commuter case which makes the phone even bigger.

My hybrid holder has 2 parts - the 'attach to the car' part is from ProClipUSA. They've got great holders but the 'attach to the phone' parts were not large enough for my phone. So, I added an Exomount 2 from Exogear along with a hose clamp to join the two together. This actually works very well. I originally had the 'attach to car' part that attaches to the small pillar to the left of the dashboard. I decided I would rather have the whole contraption in the center of the console so my power cord would be shorter. Here's a photo - PriusPhoneMount