1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

[SOLVED] Doesn't remember to use phone for calling

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by speedwagon, Jul 16, 2016.

1. speedwagon

speedwagon Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hi everyone,

I have Samsung Galaxy Tab S (a tablet) and Samsung Galaxy On5 (a phone) paired with my Prius. The tablet is Android 5.0.2 and the phone is Android 6.0.1.

I have been using the tabled for the music through bluetooth for a year now, no issues. I recently got the phone and I want Prius to keep using the tablet for music but use the phone for calling. It does exactly that when I manually tell it in the list of paired devices to use the tablet for music and phone for calling -- everything works flawlessly. However, after I restart the car, it keeps using the tablet for music only, but forgets to use the phone for calling. I have spent an hour playing with it, even unpairing all the devices and pairing them again -- couldn't get it to use the phone for calling. It seems to always forget about using the phone for calling after the car is restarted.

The version of the media system in Prius is 3.2.0.

#1 speedwagon, Jul 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  2. speedwagon

speedwagon Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Interesting, today I started the car and both the phone and the tablet got connected for the correct services ("call audio" and "media audio" respectively, as labeled in Android OS). I guess it just takes a bit of time after the car starts for the media system to figure out what it should use phone for? Anyway, it's working now.

#2 speedwagon, Jul 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
    CoolPrius and StarCaller like this.