1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Some Australian c photos

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Rob.au, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
    Thought it was about time. I may have focused on my i-tech's rear spoiler a bit. :)

Attached Files:

2. Annie755

Annie755 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Those are GORGEOUS pictures!

3. Tracy

Tracy Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Incredible photos! My favorite is your c under the street lamp by itself. Can't wait to see other photos you take Rob.

It's interesting to me that owners are taking far more interesting pictures than Toyota's marketing department seems to be coming up with. Considering their "youth vibe" they assume is their target audience. They should be running some social media campaigns like "where has your C taken you?" and then people submit pics.

Teacake likes this.
  4. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
    Thanks!

Yes, that's my favourite image too... in fact I have had that imagined in my head since I got the car and I finally had the chance tonight to get out and do it! I love urban night photography but haven't done any in ages. The c is crying out for it though, so now I have to plan a few more. :)

5. SILVERCwSUN

SILVERCwSUN Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Great photos! Thanks for sharing. I am a big fan of silver!

6. ChinchillaGirl

ChinchillaGirl OrcaCar

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Lovely- the spoilers down under are not solid? I would think the holes would be more efficient, but we in US don't have them...s this a customization?

7. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
    We have two trim levels - our base model has the same rear spoiler as in the US and the i-tech model has this spoiler as standard. Strangely the marketing materials just say "larger" and only show it in side profile, making it appear to only be a subtle difference. As I test drove a base model, I didn't fully appreciate it until the day I picked if up - a pleasant surprise. :)

The i-tech also has self-levelling LED headlights with washers. I realised later that one of the photos also shows the reversing camera, which is standard on both trim levels here.

I've got no customisations - the only thing not standard issue is the floor mats! :)

8. Tracy

Tracy Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Very jealous about the camera! I know that can be done aftermarket here but I wish I knew a guy with car "skills" who could install it (I.e. not fork out a ton of $$$$). I don't get Toyota's blind spot in not offering that as an option for the upper trim levels here in th US. I bet they make it available with the first redesign.

9. Ryephile

Ryephile The Technophile

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Great shots, thanks for sharing. I especially like the two under the streetlight.

10. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Another vote for the street lamp pic! Yep - I've seen much better photos posted here by owners than the stuff Toyota uses. We should write "copyright 2012" under every photo we post and sell 'em to Toyota.

How come you Aussies get such nice spoilers and reverse cameras?? I'm gonna go sulk now!:(

11. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
    Wait... did you forget the low-profile rear headrests? :ROFLMAO:

For what it's worth we also have power fold-in mirrors.

So far the things I know we don't have are:
    • Daytime Running Lights
    • Moonroof option
    • Heated outside mirrors
    • Heated seats
    • 16" wheel option
    • No Entune/Satellite radio (but we don't get these sort of services)
    • No buttons on the steering wheel for voice control or Bluetooth on/off hook. There's a physical button on the head unit for voice control and on/off hook are on screen buttons.
    • Seat-cushion air bags (so we have a total of 7 air bags instead of 9)
    • Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
    • Vehicle Proximity Notification System (oh wait, that's good :))
    • Passenger Airbag On/Off warning light (oops, also good :p)
    The heated items probably make little sense in our climate, but the moonroof certainly would have been worth considering. The navigation system we get isn't particularly new and - shockingly - the maps are out of date, from 2010, with no way to update them - legal or otherwise (so I'm not giving away my TomTom just yet).

We also pay more for ours. :eek:

12. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    "Wait... did you forget the low-profile rear headrests? :ROFLMAO:"

Sulking even more...:cry: Only option is to find some Prius hatchback or, possibly, Yaris rear, low-profile headrests.

13. TC400

TC400 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I like the photo's! I think its Interesting Toyota spells out the Word TOYOTA on the back in the US it just the logo and the Prius C on the left side.

14. BGGirl

BGGirl Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I also love the streetlight pic!! I absolutely love the spoiler you have. I wonder if that is something we can have put on here?

15. managerman

managerman Prius v Nerd

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Great pictures!! Wish we had some of those cool options here in the U.S. Enjoy your new Prius c!

-M

16. AutoMo

AutoMo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Wow, the pictures drew me in, but your i-tech features are making me sulk too. I would not like to give up my sunroof, but the items that come with your version would be something I would gladly pay extra for as options. Your rear spoiler is killer, the self-leveling headlights with washers and reversing camera are something I would option, for sure. I made my rear seat headrests "low profile" by removing them.;)

Rob.au likes this.
  17. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
    A quick addition today... a view under the cargo area with the full size spare alloy and no foam spacer bits. I don't think the umbrella would actually fit there, that's just where it fell when I removed the cover. The fact that this is all I have in the car other than myself most of the time is one of the reasons I bought the c over the liftback.

When I was picking up the car and told the dealer I was going to check for the jack, he started looking for it here and actually removed the cover above the right wheel arch before I dragged him around the side of the car to show him how to find it. :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

18. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
    I keep meaning to take photos of the inside but invariably I just end up driving instead. :)

Lavender Bay.jpg McMahons Point.jpg

ThirdRonnie, Agent J and ewaboy like this.
  19. Archaeo

Archaeo New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Toyota should use the photo under the street light for advertising, it is that good! Love the spoiler, too bad they don't offer that in the states, and the wheels are sporty as well. Odd they have such different options.

20. Archaeo

Archaeo New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    What kind of seat cloth/softex does your model come in? In the Volvo 60, the backseat headrests flip forward and down when you backup the car. Great idea.