1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Some Funky Cat reviews

Discussion in 'EV (Electric Vehicle) Discussion' started by hkmb, Dec 3, 2022.

1. hkmb

hkmb Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    This is the car I had a look at in Bangkok recently.

I really liked the interior. In terms of showroom appeal at least (without driving it), it was way ahead of the ID.3. If it were a couple of sizes bigger, I would seriously consider it (or indeed if they were to sell its big brother and sister, the Punk Cat and the Ballet Cat, I'd totally buy one of them).

The launch version's only serious problems seem to be:
    - They've launched with the smaller battery option, so range isn't spectacular.
    - It's not that much cheaper than the equivalent ID.3, which is its most obvious rival.
    - The MG4. The MG4 isn't as nice inside, but it is loads cheaper and even its short-range version has a better range.

But the reviews, all in all, seem pretty positive.

It looks like it's another Chinese EV brand that may be a serious threat to the dominance of the legacy ICE companies. Ora's sister company Haval is already doing very well with its ICE SUVs in Australia, but parent company Great Wall has a fairly spotty history here, selling cars and trucks that were a bit cheap and crap. Haval seems to have overcome this legacy here, so I suspect Ora will do well when it comes here.