1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Some PriusChat News from Danny

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Danny, Nov 22, 2006.

1. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I donated a while back and did not get anything. I really did not want any of it anyway. I felt that it was money well spent to help keep this site going because of all the information I have learned here. The only thing that I still kind of want is my own theforce.priuschat.com sub domain.

I cant wait to see what changes/updates Danny is going to make.

2. jamesbalch

jamesbalch Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(syclone @ Nov 25 2006, 07:11 PM) [snapback]354053[/snapback]</div>

Your from New York and you think THAT is a "personal attack"??!! Wow.

Hey look, I'm a real newbie here....what do I have....like a dozen posts? But because I am just learning about the Prius dosen't mean that I haven't been around the block a time or two....

Here is the way I look at it.... Danny is someone who thought it would be cool to start a forum for Prius owners. He did so and it was a wild success. Then he apparently saw an opportunity to provide those posters a way to fine tune/modify their Prius's. Again, it was wildly successful....so successful in fact that he is having a hard time keeping up with orders and answering e-mails. From his posts, I can see he is endeavoring to improve his service.

Unfortunately, there will always be people who find it hard to deal with anything less than perfection. From your post, it certainly looks as if you are one of those people. However, I could very well be incorrect.

My post to you was more or less "tongue in cheek". However, I apologize if you really thought I was attacking you personally.

3. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I have donated once and bought from the store once. This is now my 3rd or 4th time I have asked how where and to whom to send a donation into and have gotten no reply. <_< The one donaton I did send was processed through the store.

Wildkow

4. Syclone

Syclone Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jim B. @ Nov 26 2006, 09:06 AM) [snapback]354166[/snapback]</div>
    Maybe not dealing with the subject of the thread and making disparaging remarks about a person's origins is not considered a personal attack in Manchester, NH. Manchester is a very nice town. I spent a week there one day. (Ok, sorry, but that makes us even)

Your appology is accepted, as long as you agree to keep your tongue in your cheek. :p

5. pinball

pinball New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I'm of the view that none of us would even be here if it wasn't for Danny and his initiative.
    I have learnt so much about my car from those who 'have gone before'.
    So I'm grateful.

6. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Nov 22 2006, 06:19 PM) [snapback]353315[/snapback]</div>
    Does that mean the puke:right and puke:left smilies are making a triumphant return????? :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

Being retired military, the only “free stuff†I miss is the little badge of honor placed under our user name - given to those of us who made monetary donations to the PriusChat cause. ;)

7. Mary Snyder

Mary Snyder New Member

Glad to have you back Danny. You have such a helpful site here which really helps all us Prius owners. I have been participating for about a year, and just got my 2007 Prius.
    What I would like to know is , How can I be able to answer some of the posts? I keep gettin an error message saying the site never heard of me. Can you please send me instructions on how to register of join or log in. I have already tried in vain about a million times.
    Very sincerely,
    Mary Snyder

8. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

The PriusChat shop isn't a retailer that kept stock, but more of a broker that relayed your orders to the appropriate retailer/manufacturer, who then dropships the item to you. There is NO inventory that I am aware of. Many online stores operate this way.

I also missed getting my donation perks. But they were just perks.
    Still the badge we used to have is missed.

9. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    badge? i miss the pointless points! :p

10. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Nov 27 2006, 10:57 AM) [snapback]354493[/snapback]</div>
    And let's not forget everyone's* favorite . . . the [you] code! :lol:

*with a sense of humor.

11. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Not sure how you could attribute 50% of a site's success to a buggy, security-hole ridden piece of software. IPB has been nice on some points, but it continues to be a pest to upkeep due to it's numerous spam openings - Just ask Tony or Evan. 100% of the success of this site can be attributed to members such as yourself.

Regarding the PC Shop, it was started as a way to capture information for Group Buys so that I didn't have to just take money via PayPal and try to keep manual spreadsheets. Then more and more vendors approached me about harnessing our group buying power and giving us reduced prices. This led to the expansion of the Shop to what it is today. For it to be financially viable for me to continue offering items through the PC Shop, I have been faced with 1 of 2 optiions: 1) raise prices so that the Shop would make a more reasonable profit, or 2) bring on help so that we can expand the shop and offer more products. 1 was not the preferred option because it somewhat defeats the reasoning behind the Shop - to offer our members the lowest prices available. So, I decided to look more into 2 and Nichole was interested in helping, so here we are today.

I don't believe I was trying to make it sound like the "second coming". I had some exciting news that I wanted to share - getting help with the Shop allows me to focus more on development, which is something I've had about 20 minutes to focus on in the last year.

I'm working on options for the folks whow have donated in the past, and am hoping that once I have the infrastructure in place I can begin accepting donations again from all of the generous people here on PC.

12. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Nov 28 2006, 04:22 PM) [snapback]354975[/snapback]</div>
    Mention Tag, Dammit! Tag works at least twice as hard I do. Maybe a third harder than Evan but definitely twice as hard as me.

13. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Regardless of some of the negativity in this forum, I think the combined effort of Danny's hosting plus all of the moderation work combines to make an excellent (and my number one) resource for Prius collaboration online. Those of us who have been here since near the beginning may take it for granted, but the efforts continue none the less which I personally appreciate very much.

14. Syclone

Syclone Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Nov 28 2006, 05:22 PM) [snapback]354975[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for the response.

The software, although buggy as it is - is a thing of beauty when it's working. It enables us to navigate the site and keep track of all the postings better than any site that I've ever logged into.

Thanks for clearing thing up. I hated to sound so negative, but you have pissed a lot of people off, and it wasn't fun to keep tripping over all that bad stuff floating around. It was an opportunity to vent when I knew you would be paying attention.

Good Fortune in getting your ducks lined up Danny.

15. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i think the size that this forum has become makes some negativity a given. there is no entity that will have 100% agreement or happiness when it gets to be this big. hey, things happen. we try to make things right as soon as possible and when there was a thousand members, occasional problems, it was easy to get quick, personal and effective resolutions to most issues.

but now there is probably 10 times that much either active members or lurkers plus several thousand more that visit here infrequently. so there will be some unhappy people here. hopefully, they will stick with it until they can find an acceptable solution to their issues.

as for me, my experience here has not been perfect. waaaay too many interactions with others. i have made mistakes, over-reacted to some things here, etc. thats life. the good overwhelms the bad here. i have learned a lot, continue to pick up new information about my Prius and life in general.

PriusChat as a collective conscious has become my friend. sometimes friends do things that you dont like, either for their own thing or to help you. not all things good for one, makes one happy. but like a friend that has done me wrong, communication and patience usually clears the air. when communication is not prompt or clear, then patience is in order.

16. mrg

mrg Member

I want to mention things are getting better. I ordered my BT Stiffening plate from the PC Shop 2-3 weeks ago and received it in about 10 days. I ordered my DICE either Thursday or Friday of last week and receive it yesterday. That is not bad in the shipping of non stock products business.

I know customers do not like form letters sent in batch. But that might have helped those that don't know the problems you must be incountering with the complexity of this site. I sure don't want the job.

I don't even go to some of the other sites anymore. If it isn't here then they probably don't know about it either.

The help given on this site is better than I could have imagined. We all need you Danny and you other guys and gals.

Now if I could get my Sigma (Monolith Int'l Trading) order (hood deflector) which was also paid for on 11-10-06. I would not be so concern about my 2nd order for (Signal mirrors & EV switch) I just ordered on the 23th.

17. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(syclone @ Nov 28 2006, 08:43 PM) [snapback]355120[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah me too, :( seems that the only way to make a contribution to this site, for someone like me is too donate and when your ignored, well you get the idea.

Wildkow

18. Schmika

Schmika New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Dec 1 2006, 04:07 AM) [snapback]356119[/snapback]</div>

<Insert here- Picture of dead horse with Wildkow beating it to a pulp with a sledgehammer>

JEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!

Anyway, PC is GREAT. I really have learned so much about my car AND heard some really interesting points of view. I have always believed, you need to learn at least one new thing a day. If it was ever getting late and I had not learned anything yet, I was guaranteed to just by logging into PC.

Thanbks Danny, I have donated in the past (I seem to remember that Danny had a paypal account, and since I did too, I just sent it directly to him) and I will again as soon as I am told how.

BRING BACK THE POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!! (The {you} tag needs to stay DEAD!!!!

19. Dead Horse

Dead Horse New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Schmika @ Dec 2 2006, 11:06 AM) [snapback]356535[/snapback]</div>
    Did someone call my name?
    Leave me alone, I'm dead allready.

OK Photoshoppers, add a Wildkow and a sledgehammer if you must. ;)

20. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dead Horse @ Dec 2 2006, 01:51 AM) [snapback]356609[/snapback]</div>
    See I knew those mods had a sense of humor. :lol: