1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Somebody hit my car in the parking lot at work...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by macmaster05, Jun 10, 2010.

1. GrGramps

GrGramps Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    Suppose the other party claims you backed into their car? Of course, if you have witnesses, that's not an issue.

2. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, I actuallty thought of that, but I figured the OP had enough to worry about without me bringing up that potential issue. It's a bit of a mess.

3. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Do you have uninsured motorist coverage on your vehicle? Its a no-fault claim. I'd call your insurance company.

4. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Not in NJ. An uninsured motorist claim needs the other party to be identified & to not have insurance. This is a comprehensive claim.

5. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Even so, a comprehensive claim is no-fault as well...

6. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hey all, I think I found the perp. The car is a light blue 80s Honda. Looks kind of beat up and gangster. Didnt get a good look at the car yet but it looks like grey paint on the corner of their rear bumper. I dont have their blue paint on mine anymore - wiped it off a while ago. All thats left is a 1" gouge and a vertical dent that angles light, on the bumper.

What should I do? The car looks like its owned by a thuggish person - the steering wheel has a black cover with gangster like insignia on it. I dont want to be bullied here but I need to be smart especially since its merely an accusation- dont want to make this any worse. I'm honestly not kidding - there are some characters here at work.

I couldve lived with never finding the car but now that I have, I dont know what to do...

Thanks!

7. 2009Prius

2009Prius A Wimpy DIYer

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I won't waste my time or risk my life messing with a thug or gangster, especially without solid proof as you said. Sorry to hear about this.