1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

somebody sell me on the Prius....please!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by pjam, Jan 26, 2011.

1. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    wow, you're easy! listen, i have some land in florida... okay, okay, :welcome: and congratulations!

2. derkraut

derkraut Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    exactly!!:)

3. pjam

pjam New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i just went out to the garage and put my wife's RX out for the night...new dog gets the Hilton tonight :) sat around, got a feel for her (or him?)

i can tell - i'm gonna be one of those 50-somethings 15 years from now showing somebody the prius i bought in jan 2011 that now has 150k miles on it but looks new in and out...

4. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Welcome to the Prius family. Great job team.

5. pjam

pjam New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    whoa, whoa, whoa..."family," right? not "cult?" :) preshate it!

6. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I think one needs to have an open mind to appretiate the value in the Prius to buy one. So, we are a bunch of open minded chatters.

7. dnaboston

dnaboston Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I am 6' 360 pounds and even I love my Prius. I can get in and out with ease, shut the door and buckle the seat belt.

I have enough room to pull the seat forward allowing an adult to sit behind me. I have 3 kids and although it is not the easiest our most practical, there is room for two boys and a car seat.

I traded in a brand new odyssey (9 months old)and it was not an easy decision. My benefit was that I drove my wifes 2005 Prius and got used to 36-40 mpg. It also allowed me to see that my 2010 prius is much better built (imho) than my wifes 2005.

I dont feel like I am driving an econobox but I know I am not driving a sports car either. I am driving the best choice in the current list of hybrids. It is not only the biggest (over the civic for instance), the most powerful and technologically advanced albeit fairly expensive.

I bought the Prius V because I wanted the bigger tires and the advanced technology package. Thst was my trade off for buying the smaller car.

I love my prius and have broke 40 mpg the last 2 tanks compared to 18 in my van. It is blizzard pearl white, I have named her Lizzie Pearl (play off of minnie pearl) and my license plate will read HYTECH.

There are some things that bug me and really confuse me but I can honestly say I am not looking back. You can drive as fast a4 you need to. In power mode, I can jump on it, drive in the left lane going 90 or in the right lane going 45-60 (i really love the radar cruise).

If you are looking for gas mileage and that is your number one goal but having a superior technologically advanced car is a close second, then go for it. I do completely understand your trepidation and angst.

Good luck!

SPH-P100 ?

8. Dweezil

Dweezil Cat Juggler

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Congrats! That didn't take long. You must've been sold on it to begin with and just needed a little confirmation that you were about to do the right thing. Have fun.

9. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats!!!
    ...and it is a family, not a cult. We fight like alley cats amongst ourselves, but the forum is like one big dysfunctional family.
    Not quite as close as the motorcycle family...where even Ninja and Harley riders exchange hand waves on the streets....but you can't have everything. :(

Enjoy that car!

10. SlowTurd

SlowTurd I LIKE PRIUS'S

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    i saw on TV an ad for a $1,000 incentive on prius.

with the tensions in the mid-east and the price of gas going up.

buy it now!

damn! too late

11. zyx345

zyx345 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    As a former Acura and current Gen III Prius owner I can say that I like the Prius a lot but I don't love it. That being said, it is a practical car with a lot of space. I fit a 42" flat screen in box, with seats folded down with plenty of room to spare.

Gas milage is definitely noticable coming from a luxury car. I fill mine up ever week and a half and its usually only around 10 gallons. My old Acura would take at least 13 gallons and I had to fill it up every 4-5 days.

I recently sat in a Second Gen TSX and its definitely more of a plush car even compared to the Prius IV and V. I also chose the Prius over the Lexus CT200h. I have wierd thing about legroom and head room in cars. I find the smaller Lexus models well built but too confining.

Bottom line, is if you are willing to sacrifice a little bit of luxury comforts in favor of outstanding gas milage and utility, the Prius is hard to beat.