1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Someone do a poll, noises and where built?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by sshaw10, Oct 20, 2009.

1. schoolchef

schoolchef New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
  2. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Good point, I almost always drive alone and hadn't even thought of that. Next time someone is in the car with me I'll find a rough patch of road and check it out.

I just posted some information on a "Front Seat Squeak Noise" TSB in the other rattle thread in case anyone is interested, post #68.
    http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...o-you-hear-rattling-noises-7.html#post1000491

3. Bobsprius

Bobsprius BobPrius

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Everyone may want to check the heater covering under the Glovebox area. Mine was as loose as a goose! I was shocked but an easy fix!

4. JeffA

JeffA "The Batmobile"

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have a "0" with minor rattles. They mosty eminate from the glove box doors and the center console as many have reported. I have found that both the upper and lower glove box doors are loose and when I apply pressure the noises go away. As for the center console, there is a thin line that runs the length of the console where the two pieces are joined. I've found that if I apply pressure directly to the joint that the noise subsides. I think felt might be the answer to most of the problems, I just need to do some disassembly. In addition, and I haven't read where anyone else has had this issue, but with the JBL sound system at higher volumes, I get both a intermittent pop from the front drivers side dash speaker, and the bass rattles everything else in the car...I guess I must have to minimize bumpin' my tunes at excessive levels.

5. mwetter

mwetter Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have a 0 bot the end of June. There are a few rattles, but nothing as annoying as there seems to be with some.

6. gil

gil Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Ours is a "0" purchased at the end of July, and so far so good. Only heard a squeak once, but will wait till it gets really cold to see what happens. Our 05 Prius had squeaks to entire time we owned it, but they were worse when cold. Most of them were around the small fillers between the forward side windows and the dash. I haven't heard this on the new one as these fillers appear to be coated with a felt material.