1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Song Limit on USB

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by mike wood, Apr 24, 2020.

Tags:
  1. mike wood

mike wood New Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    After some looking after wondering why my 20 Prius would not play all the songs on my USB I found in the manual there is a limit of 255 files per folder. This is a little hard to believe as I have played, with no problems, my 1800 songs on my other car (Ford) and on other peoples cars (Corvette, Equinox, Explorer) with no problem. Just plug and play. Now I have to divy up my 1800 songs into 255 increments!? Is that what y'all are doing? I find this hard to believe since I can play it on my grandson's 6 yr old Hyundai with no problem accessing all songs. This does not seem right but the manual is clear.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I bought an iPod nano specifically to use in the vehicle. The iPod doesn't appear to have a limit as I have more than 255 songs in playlists.

3. mike wood

mike wood New Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    So I am supposed to spend 100's $$ and have a usb cord plus ipod in the way instead of using a $3 usb that is tucked out of the way. No thanks. As far as I can tell Toyota is the only US manufacturer with this limitation. What gets to me is that songs are about 6kb in size. So 255 takes up about 1-2 mb. Toyota can't develop the software to handle this small number of files? This is unbelievably short sighted.

garglo likes this.