1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Soon to be a PC3 owner questions

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Jeffred, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Jeffred

Jeffred Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    So I've been working with my Credit Unions auto buying service (Autoland), and supposedly my car should arrive, in a day or two. Yeah! The funny part is that Mission Fed Credit Union doesn't allow the financing of a noise deterrent alarm system on the car. They finance LoJack, but the loud beeping they don't do. It has something to do with a member whose alarm was going off, he goes out to see what's going on, and was shot dead. Yikes!!!

So my question is; what type of alarm system do you have on your car? None is a good answer too.

Thanks

PS
    I've really enjoyed reading this forum, y'all have answered a lot of questions for me.

TatumRob likes this.
  2. mmmodem

mmmodem Senior Taste Tester

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    None. The guy who can hotwire my Prius deserves it. Most cars these days have immobilizers in the key fob making it very difficult to steal. Should that elusive thief succeed, insurance will cover me. Alarms go off all the time in parking lots and no one cares. The Club and Autolock are good deterrents but the burden is on me to set it every time.

Turn off signatures in Tapatalk Tapatalk

TatumRob likes this.
  3. AliIzad

AliIzad Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    First off, congratulations on the C that will be soon be yours; great decision. As for the alarm, I don't have or need one.. The last beeping alarm I had was back in the late 90's. The C's key-less lock and unlock is really why I used to get an alarm anyway. As mmmodem said, no one really pays attention to an obnoxious alarm going off. Welcome to the club!

4. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Congrats!

No alarm - I don't think anyone's gonna steal my C2...:cautious:...I hope.

There is a flashing red led on the dash - don't remember what for - which at night looks like it might be an alarm. Might deter thieves...or not.

5. Snowball

Snowball Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    No separate alarm for me. Prius C 2, 3,4 come with an engine immobilizer and the red led flashes after the car is locked. I even got a discount on my insurance for "passive anti-theft device"

carolD likes this.
  6. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
    It indicates the immobiliser is operational.

I agree with the others... I know when I hear a car alarm, I assume it is a nuisance alarm and take absolutely no notice of it at all. Local legislation here makes it illegal for a car alarm to sound for more than 45 seconds, so I know the noise will go away quickly.

I would not expect others to take any more notice of an alarm going off on my car any more than I would take notice of theirs. What would you do anyway even if you did react? If they're sophisticated enough to be able to overcome the immobilser, then I'm not getting involved. I'd imagine smash-and-grab break-ins would be more common and an alarm won't make any difference to that either - I just don't leave valuables in the car, either on display or hidden.

7. Jeffred

Jeffred Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks all for the information, very helpful!!! I picked up the car yesterday at the bank. She's a beauty!! I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the newness of it.

vernon birdman likes this.
  8. vernon birdman

vernon birdman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Welcome to the club. Congrats

9. citroenjohn

citroenjohn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    You'll love your C, they're great little cars.:)

10. mahout

mahout Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Though my C is garaged Ihave installed LOJack on customer's cars and thats what /i recommend with ID its there . And even if its not label for LoJack is good.
    Other than that there are several GPS location sensors that plug into the OSB connector that 'follow the car but cost several bucks a month after installation just as LoJack but I don't know the compaision. Check both. The private trackers are intended for commercial use or burses who might trvel to not particularly afe areas.