1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Soon to be a Prius owner want a be no more "Thanks for all the Information and PriusChat"

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by BlueIce, Aug 3, 2009.

1. BlueIce

BlueIce New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    :)I will need to change my login "priusownerwantabe" Just got the Vin Number for my 2010 blue II. Using the Cash for Clunkers and shredding myself of a very thristy Olds Baravda (14.2MPG). I started the deal last month on the 11th. Took a long time get the Vin number because I wanted the Blue ribbon paint. The dealer try to sale me a upgrade to a package IV, I didn't go for it. The dealer sold all (7) Prius the first day of the Cash for Clunkers. I was lucky to get what I wanted and still get the $4500.

Just would like to say Thanks "ALL" for all the information and to Prius Chat for a great forum.

2. LoraJ

LoraJ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Congrats!!!!! :)

Please be sure to post pics when you get it.

3. TKY

TKY Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Pruisownerwantabe, Congrats. Excellent of you to hold on to what you wanted and jump to a car you might not want under the pressure that could be exerted under the current conditions. --TK

4. Felt

Felt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    That's great. I have owned a IV for nearly a month. It is a wonderful vehicle. I could go on and on raving about it's virtues, but I will let you discover them for yourself.

I do not understand why some contributors on this thread are so negative. Some seem very unsettled by the genius the vehicle ...I can only assume some do not understand the technology, and try to equate hybrid events to normal gas engined cars.

I hope we all enjoys years and many miles of quiet, comfortable, efficient travel.

5. priuslaw

priuslaw New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Congrats!!. .here is a little video i created for all the Priuschat peeps.

I love my Prius!! I average that mpg you see on the video everyday to and from work!

1 person likes this.
  6. jefwoe

jefwoe New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    congrats... I gave up my 15 mpg toyota tundra for my new prius a month ago.... and I'm lovin it!

7. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    To the OP, congrats! Welcome (very soon) to the club! :)
    Do you mean on Priuschat in general rather than this thread?

I've noticed (won't name names or the specific issues) that some people just seem to complain. Maybe they just like complaining. :confused: Others seem to complain and spend what seems like an inordinate amount of time trying to "fix" this problems (usually on the 2nd gen). I'm not sure if they're just less tolerant than others or if they really have a legitimate problem.

Then there are others who will say it doesn't handle as well as a BMW 3-series. Well, duh, nor do virtually all FWD cars, esp. ones that aren't designed w/sports car-like handling in mind. What's the combined gas mileage of a 3-series vs. a Prius? Oh yes, and how much does a comparably equipped BMW 3-series cost vs. a Prius? How much does maintenance cost on each after the "free" maintenance is gone on the former?