1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Soon to be new owner!

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by whtrabbitjoe77, Apr 15, 2012.

1. whtrabbitjoe77

whtrabbitjoe77 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Hello,
    My name is Joe and I should be picking up my Moonglow C3 some time next week, I am excited. The C will be replacing my old 99.5 TDI that decided to inject fuel at the wrong time and bend a rod.

I was very impressed with the car and it should fit well with my 100 mile a day commute. I would of opted for the moonroof, but being 6'6" head room would be to tight The only thing I will miss is the high torque from the TDI

The first mod on the agenda will be the shark fin and window deflectors when weather tech makes them.

Joe

1 person likes this.
  2. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry to hear about the VW, but congrats and welcome to the Prius family. You should adapt to the lower torque pretty fast and hopefully you'll enjoy your C as much as most of us here do!!

3. dig4dirt

dig4dirt MoonGlow

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Congrats!

Yeah, believe it or not, adaptation is easy. Real easy when you see the savings!

I was strictly a VW guy, then my brother went to honda, so I got one. not bad.
    Then I got a Scion, now the Prius C.
    Toyota has got a huge head start on many things, including the obvious and also reliability.

Nowadays, I wouldnt touch a VW, unless it is before 1992

4. whtrabbitjoe77

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Well this is my first Toyota and my first hybrid car. I was very impressed how smooth it drove over the CR-Z/Insight I took for a test spin. The CVT will be nice, shifting can suck in traffic.

For my old VW I kept all records of fill-ups, it will be fun to track that with the C. I do have a collection of 4x100 VW wheels that might fit with some old tires for testing. Along the lines of the Enkei 92 style.

5. secondspassed

secondspassed Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I'm amazed at how torquey the C feels coming from a Fit automatic, even though it's HP and torque specs are both lower. I find it much easier to maintain speed now. Does anyone know if the torque spec for the Fit likely refers to the maximum possible, which would occur only when first starting from a stop? That could explain a lot of it.

6. PRISSY ME

PRISSY ME Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Hi There. This newbie wants to say a big Thanks to all of you fine folks who have contributed to this forum. It has been an education. I came here before purchasing my Moonglow Prius C-4 (moonroof, 16" alloys) in Ontario Canada. Thanks to all of the great information available here I have purchased my car but I still haven't picked it up yet. Maybe next week. I'm encouraged by all the rave reviews here...and a bit nervous to see if I have any rattles or complaints with Entune as I have seen posted by other owners. Keep it coming guys and Thanks for the site!

7. sweetgirlinla

sweetgirlinla New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Congratulations:)

8. j_benj

j_benj Prius C Fan

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Congrats in advance!

The biggest adjustment for me coming to the C was learning to take it down a notch. My first instinct was always to accelerate as fast as I could off the line to get up to speed.. the Prius C has changed all that (and I've become much more relaxed behind the wheel as a result, so win/win).

Once you make the adjustment it becomes a hugely enjoyable car to drive. And my inner sociopath has begin to REALLY enjoy the angry faces behind me as I creep up to the speed limit LOL go ahead and pass me.. I'm sipping fuel here!

1 person likes this.
  9. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome to PC!~ Best Of Luck with Your New Ride.

10. whtrabbitjoe77

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I picked my Moonglow C tonight! Now I have to do some reading so i can get the most out of it.

If anyone is looking for a Red C3 there is one at Faulkner Toyota on US1

11. kkim

kkim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Congrats! You'll love your new car! :rockon:

12. vernon birdman

vernon birdman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Hi everyone.
    I am a new member and I ordered my Prius C a few days ago. I was originally told by my sales lady that there was a huge demand and I may wait until late May or early June. She called today and told me that they have located the model and colour that we wanted and that I should get it before the end of April. It is my first hybrid and my first Toyota. I took a long test drive on flat and mountainous terrain with both the C and the regular Prius right after and opted for the C as I basically found a lot of negatives with the Prius liftback. Unfortunately we will be on vacation when it comes in and will be unable to pick it up until mid May. We purchased the Canadian Prius C technology Plus model (Grey) which is the equivalent of the top model in the US (the one with the 16 inch wheels etc.

13. Neilb9

Neilb9 Million Mile Driver

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I've got a c Two Moonglow coming from the factory. Got the build sheet today. Be here the middle of May. Hot damn! This could be the most fun car I've had in years. Not because it's a hotrod but because it's a car whose time has come. Without a doubt it is the most technologically advanced car being produced at an affordable price. I really wish an american car company had pulled it off. However, Toyota deserves the credit for the time, effort and investment they've made to produce the right car at the right time.

14. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    In a regular car, like the Fit, the torque number is achieved at the rpm stated in the specification - 106lb-ft@4,800rpm. It'll depend on how the transmission is geared and how the torque curve looks but essentially you're not getting 106lb-ft until 4,800rpm.

In the Prius c, you're getting torque at 0rpm thanks to the electric motor so the Prius c will feel peppier than the numbers suggest and will feel great just off the line. This also contributes to good passing power (80-120km/h times are shorter) because there's no need to downshift to bring the engine into its powerband - the CVT brings power almost immediately from the engine to the wheels and the electric motors bring the torque.

1 person likes this.
  15. j_benj

j_benj Prius C Fan

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I agree. My father (71) is a staunch Chevy buyer, who will not even consider buying another brand, was blown away by my C. His exact words were, "This is why foreign cars have been killing us. Why can't an American car company build something like this?". And when I told him I'd been topping 60mpg he shook his head and said "amazing".

Sure there are plenty of cars in the C's class, but none of them measure up to the package that the C provides, IMO. Combining that incredible fuel economy with cool tech in a stylish package was a stroke of genius on Toyota's part. I know this car had the GenY crowd targeted, but I know many more people in my age range (close to 40) and older who are clamoring for this car.

1 person likes this.
  16. whtrabbitjoe77

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Well, I picked the car up Wednesday night and I have to say I love driving it. Still on the first tank of gas from the dealer, but my trips are are 52-55mpg based off the display.

1 person likes this.