1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Soon to be Newbie...Looking for 2010 Prius II Advice

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by worldaven, Jul 22, 2013.

1. worldaven

worldaven Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hello,

Been reading posts all evening. Good Forum.

Last Saturday, I found a 2010 Prius II I like with only 27500 miles. It was a lease. I'm almost ready to pull the trigger, but wanted to know what I could expect with performance, repairs and maintenance in the next 12-36 months....

The car is with a small Mom&Pop dealership here in town, and when I'm ready to purchase I'll be sure to take it to get it inspected at a Toyota Dealer.

My old car (04 Kia Optima is turning into a money pit), but it's paid for. I will have to take on a car note again and it is a sizeable investment, and I'm getting cold feet, so any words of encouragement or caution would be welcome. :)

Thanks,

Tony

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    are you located in a carb state? they have a longer warranty on hybrid parts. you get 3/36 on pretty much everything else, so that's gone. the only big ticket item not still under warranty is the inverter. can be a few grande, but highly unusual in the first hundred thousand miles.

3. worldaven

worldaven Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Not don't live in a "carb" state....had to look that up..lol.

I live in KY and I don't think there are a lot of independent Prius mechanics, so any work will probably have to be done at the dealer...How much are basic wear and tear maintenance on a Prius (oil changes, fluid changes, brakes, new tires, etc.?) and when I can expect to deal with those issues...?

Thanks,

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    you don't need much before 100k, sunthetic oil every 10k or one year, not sure what they charge, it's a bit more than dyno oil. some people change their tranny oil at 30k just to get the initial wear out. toyota claims it's lifetime. air filter at 30k, cabin filter at 15k. they are cheap money, you can get everything on amazon, it's not worth paying the dealer for the easy stuff. totate tires every 5k, how are they now? factories are only good for 30 or 40k. brakes last forever because of regen. and you don't need a prius mechanic for any of this stuff.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome to priuschat btw, all the best with your new car. (y)

6. worldaven

worldaven Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Tire wear is at 8 and 7. I suspect I'll be responsible for the 30K maintenance...I don't think the seller will cover that before I buy the car...

Thanks for the welcome...Look forward to learning more from everyone here.

T