1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Soon to be Prius owner

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by vermouth, May 12, 2019.

1. vermouth

vermouth Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    Just saying hi and introducing myself. I've been researching Priis for months now and plan to buy a gen 4 in the next week or so after I move cross country to SoCal on Monday.

I first met the Prius in 2005 when my professor gave me a ride to lunch in hers. It felt like something from the future and that really stuck with me. Anyways, I'm excited to finally get one, and I just sold my old car to prepare :D

Data Daedalus, bisco and Montgomery like this.
  2. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Welcome!! We here at Priuschat are a wonderful group of people from around the world! Once you get your car, Post a pic of it! And just drive and enjoy the pleasure of spending under $60 a month (most likely with the Gen4 $22 or less!) in gasoline. Driving a Hybrid is different, so expect different sounds, buzzes and noises........even after the car is parked for 10 minutes! And please go thru the Priuschat website thoroughly! Every question you will ask most likely has been answered! And check out the modded Pri's, they are the bomb!! (look in our mod sections!) And, since you are going to be in SoCal, please plan on a visit to HybridPit!! Just drop by and see the folks and show off you new Prius! They like getting photos of them hard at work! Welcome my friend! Welcome to the Prius family!!

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome and all the best!(y)

Data Daedalus likes this.
  4. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Welcome to PriusChat! I hope you enjoy your Prius as much as I have mine.

While I have owned two, and like both, not everyone should own a Prius:

They do not get amazing gas mileage on very short trips. Consider a Prime for a short commute.

They do not like not being driven. If you plan to snow bird/be deployed away from your car for months at a time, the Prius is not a great choice. The Prime MAY be better, if you have charging.

They are not off road vehicles. I would not consider a consistent commute on unpaved roads. The AWD has slightly more ground clearance. A Rav 4 or Mitsubishi Outlander may work better.

The Prius very much dislikes being run out of gas, if your lifestyle involves running out of gas, consider a simpler car. (I have heard fewer nightmares from Gen 4 owners)

Data Daedalus likes this.