1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Soon to be v 5 owner.....My 1st real Toyota Hybrid...(does a Highlander qualify?)

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by G Man v5, Jan 17, 2015.

1. G Man v5

G Man v5 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Since gas is at a 6 year low in my area, I decided it was the perfect time to purchase a Prius. :LOL: Found a 2012 Prius v 5 online and next week doing the "Fly and Drive". Hope it all works out. Otherwise, anybody have a car in Roanoke, VA that needs driven West?

Found the v 5 with the ATP package. The pictures show the button for the "radar" on the steering wheel....The button below is not marked. Is it safe to infer that it is a dummy button?

Also, any must things to do for my drive home? I presently have a Highlander Hybrid but am quite sure the Prius will be a completely different experience. Best tire inflation for Maximum MGP? I don't mind driving at 60-62....as the sooner I get home, the sooner I'll be getting yelled at!:D

Thanks in advance for the advice.

G Man.

#1 G Man v5, Jan 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
  2. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    40-42 PSI is more or less the sweet spot for tires. The hybrid system is active up to 69 MPH, beyond that its all gas. MPG will decrease quickly above 70mph.

The steering wheel button for the RASC is for setting the following distance (3 positions). The button below that does nothing. The usual CC settings are on the stalk as always. Be aware that the system defaults to radar assisted, but you can set it to normal mode before the speed is set.

You'll find the Prius to be much better handling at any speed. (I came from a 4x4 Tacoma). What it won't do is win any races at freeway speeds, or feel as soft and cushy as a Highlander, probably a bit noisier too. In terms of comfort, think of it as a Rambler with a brain.

3. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    That decrease is the result of ordinary aerodynamic drag.

The hybrid system does not have any speed limitation. The PSD is always engaged, which means the small motor/generator is active whenever the engine is active.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hidilly-Ho neighbourino!

Congrats! Yes that button is used for LKA in the Prius Liftback and the 2015 Prius v (All Prii share the same steering wheel).

5. G Man v5

G Man v5 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    [​IMG]
    http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000sk_zk35ss4Y/s/500/I0000sk_zk35ss4Y.jpg[​IMG]
    Is it safe to assume this vee has the ATP if it has the radar? Here is a picture of the wheel.. And the button below the radar button does???

The dealer is not Toyota and isn't aware if this does have the ATP....

post for linkBest way to post a picture?Oh, I see I need 5 posts.

[​IMG]

So this is the ATP package. Thanks for the help. I've looked and searched but can not find an accurate site that lists what the ATP has...specifically the audio, etc...... Thanks.

6. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A

ATP package will also have the ultrasonic proximity sensors on the L and R side of the front bumper. Will also have the JBL badge on the dash. But more obvious is the 7" display in the dash that covers the CD/DVD slot.

In that photo you can also see the CC stalk, which has the RASC setting on it.

7. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yup, that's the DRCC (Dynamic Radar Cruise Control) distance button. The bottom blank one is blank on the 2012 Prius v with AT package.

The AT Package adds Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, Pre-Collision System, Panoramic Resin Moonroof with Power-Operated Sunshades, Advanced Parking Guidance System, Premium HDD-based Navigation with Entune and JBL Audio (7" LCD w/ split screen capability & backup camera, AM/FM/CD/MP3/WMA/XM/USB with 8-speaker JBL GreenEdge speakers), Safety Connect (similar to OnStar - available by subscription).

See Attached PDF

Attached Files: