1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Soon

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Epyoch, May 13, 2017.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    2009 (this one has nav because it's the higher resolution screen but even though without nav will have a similar layout with a lower resolution screen):

[​IMG]

2010-2011 No Nav

[​IMG]

2010-2011 with navigation

[​IMG]

RCO and Data Daedalus like this.
  2. Epyoch

Epyoch Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah the one I saw definitely had an aftermarket thing. It seriously looked like an over sized CD player. And not like any of those pictures.

3. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    …well, you've certainly come to the right place to learn all you will ever need to know about the Toyota Prius, so Welcome to PriusChat!
    Speaking from my own experience, back in early 2014, I needed to replace my 1993 Corolla DX Wagon which failed the state-inspection (corrosion) but had 292,000 miles on the odometer and ran like a top (engine & transmission (manual) ran perfectly - oil/filter changed every 5k miles and not much else) so I was looking for another Toyota (my third). I went along to local Toyota dealer, and found the original salesman who sold me the Corolla back in 1993, I was amazed to find he still worked there! …but when I asked him what he'd recommend as a replacement, he said for low maintenance and reliability he'd recommend a Prius. He had two used Prii (in my price bracket) on the lot, both 2009 with around 80k on odometer and ~$12k. The first one I looked at was a gorgeous pale-green (I loved that colour) had Nav & BlooToof, but was not the "Touring" version. I didn't need Nav, as the google maps on my SmartPhone works perfectly (and updates itself automagically), and I had a problem synching the BlooToof in the car with my phone (my fault I daresay), but the other example (which is now sitting outside in my cark-park, had 83k miles, was the "Touring" package (nicer wheels, and HID lights, and fogs, and bigger spoiler (so what?)), and it is Magnetic Gray, a colour of which I've grown fond over the past 3 years! It has nearly 121,000miles on odometer, just coming up for next 5k service. I invested in a Prolong Grid Discharger system (from Hybrid Automotive) and (so far) I'm very happy with the car. It drives so smoothly, the quiet and the engine shutting off when not needed takes a bit of getting used to, but the Prius has masses of room, and over the past 3 years the average fuel consumption is in the high 40s and the best I've seen is over 60. Read all you can about Grid Charging, and bear in mind it's always a Good Thing to look for the last example of a model-year (for obvious reasons). End of long epistle (but I've said it all before, as you would discover if you used "search") - hope this helps - Good luck! - Wil ;)

RCO, ckayte, jerrymildred and 2 others like this.