1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sooooo Glad I Found this Prius Site/Forum !!!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by TravelBliss, Apr 22, 2008.

1. TravelBliss

TravelBliss It's worth the wait !!!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hello Prius Owners!!

I am on the verge of buying my very first Prius, and am happy to have landed here after a random search for more information.

I have always owned Toyota vehicles in the past, but this will be my first hybrid....:p !!!! I look forward to reading and learning all about your experiences with this great car !!

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Welcome. Hope you find exactly what you want at a good price.

3. TravelBliss

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

^^^^^

Thanks so much, Jim !!
    I hope I find it too....and soon!! I suspect the way gas is going, the prices of the Prius will also be headed in that direction... {{{ sigh }}}

4. MontyMan

MontyMan Prius Driver

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Welcome newcomer! I only just started posting here myself, but for over a year I have checked the posts of others, in order to get my Prius questions answered.

5. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yeah I love PriusChat. I originally found it about a month before getting a Prius last year. I've visited almost daily since. The Prius is quite an addicting vehicle and the regulars here are great (even my arch nemesis Daniel). Unfortunately there are times when coming to the site these days it is almost pointless as it is too slow to even bother. It seems to co-relate to the price of gas, if the price spikes a little all of a sudden the interest in the Prius goes up and I imagine that Priuschat ends up getting slammed with interested people browsing for information. Which is a good thing because if you have questions about the Prius this is hands down the best place to look. Real users in real world driving. Oh and welcome to the site. and I too hope you find a good deal.

6. TravelBliss

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    ^^^^
    Thanks MontyMan !!! How could you lurk here for a year ??, lol....I have too many questions to ask !!

^^^^^
    Thanks morpheusx!!
    I'm hoping to be a regular here....I too like how this site gives the Prius novice wannabe lots of useful info....stuff the sales guy at the dealership won't bother to share !! Nice of the regulars to help us "greenies" out, lol !!

7. KandyRedCoi

KandyRedCoi S is for Super!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
  8. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome!! Let us know which Prius you end up with and remember to post some pics. :preggers:

9. HardCase

HardCase SilverPineMica, the green one

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Actually, I've wondered about this myself, the thought that buying a Prius now might be a very good time, that with the rapidly escalating cost of gas (I noticed driving by my regular station today that the price is up 20 cents just since the weekend!!!) coupled with the still weakening dollar, that Prii prices are bound to escalate. Prii are manufactured exclusively in Japan, and shipped across, unlike certain other Toyota models that are made here in the US. The weakening dollar is going to result in an inevitable uptick in prices, and when gas hits the $4+ price point I think we're going to see a big rush to get out of gas-guzzlers and into more economical cars, ala 1973. Buy now or cry later.

10. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Yes, welcome!
    As you figure, the Prius WILL go up ... not just because of 'Supply & Demand' ... but because primarily, the new form of Money: Fossle Fuel.
    Everything is tied to it. Forge an engine? gotta have fuel. Form the sheet steel? Mine the iron out of the ground? etc etc? gotta have fuel. Ship the product? gotta have fuel. So as fuel doubles, then doubles, then doubles again, so goes the cost of everything ... not just the Prius. Had a look at your grocery bill lately? Same thing.
    Ok, now that I have you walking on sunshine :p
    do I love P.C. ?? All you need is to look below:

11. miketee

miketee Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hello Prius owners and enthusiasts...I'm planning to order my new 2010 III very soon. Just wanted to chime in and say how much I appreciate all the useful info I've found here.

This will be my first hybrid but our 2nd Toyota. My wife bought a Corolla earlier this year and absolutely loves it. She even lets me drive it occasionally and I love it too. She's retired so her commuting days are over, but she was ready for a new car and the Corolla fits the bill very nicely.

I've driven a variety of cars over the years, mostly GM, although I had a Subaru for nearly 10 years. I also had a Chevy Malibu for 10 years (a '99 which we traded for the Corolla). It's easy to take pot shots at GM and they deserve many of them but I have to say, that old Malibu was very reliable over 118k miles.

What drew me to the Prius is the fact that I'm still working and have a 20 mile commute (each way) through a combination of highway and city driving. I'm currently driving a Saturn Vue with a 5 speed manual and I'm really tired of shifting gears in the city! And, even though it's a manual with a 4 cyl. engine, I'm only averaging around 23 mpg. I bought the Vue because my brother was working for Saturn at the time and got me a great deal but it's a new day. Who knows how the new Saturn (or the new GM) will shake out.

So after months of walking past my wife's new car and getting in the Vue, I decided it's my turn. I did a test drive last week and was blown away. First of all, I really love the redesign of the 2010 Prius, inside and out. I know that Toyota made a consious effort to appeal to more mainstream drivers (like me) and they've succeeded. I was really surprised by the drive...the car was much more responsive than I thought it would be and so smooth, I couldn't feel the transition from electric to gas power. The car is very comfortable and roomy, even in the back and I'm 6'. Overall, I'm very impressed with the new Prius and can't wait to get mine.

Sorry for the long post and thanks again to all who contribute to this forum. I'll be sure to post after I officially become a Prius owner!

12. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Hi Mike and welcome to Priuschat!! :welcome:

I'm sorry to hear that you will be getting a new Prius and your wife will have the Corolla. I fear it won't be long before your wife starts horning in on the Prius. Sorry.

Be sure to start at the Newbie forum. There's a lot of initial information in there. I hope your chair is comfortable. Please share your exciting day with us when you pick up your Prius. We always like to see new car/owner pictures.

13. miketee

miketee Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hey Tony...thanks for the welcome. I don't expect much "horning" from my wife. I think she'll see the car as my new "high tech" toy. She's not really into gadgets and tech stuff but I know she'll appreciate the great mpg and I'll appreciate the fact that on a long road trip, we can share driving duty. She can't drive my Vue and has never wanted to learn how.