1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sound Deadening Advice

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by col127, Mar 22, 2013.

1. dellrio

dellrio Im pretty much awesome

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I put in over 100 pounds of sound deadener, and 50 pounds of additional audio equiptment - no MPG hit at all, I can still pull 60's and 70's on some flat 45mph roads around town, I get 55MPG on 55MPH highway stretches, and mid to low 40's when on high speed interstates for a distance.

Added benefit is the insulating effect of the material as well - I did notice that both my A/C and Heat worked less after the install, it adds thermal insulation, and taking load from the HVAC system would actually have a positive benefit on the efficiency of the vehicle - so it may in fact have a positive effect on MPG depending on what your HVAC preferances are.

2. col127

col127 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    i put deadening in all of the doors, on the inner door frame and outer door frame. i also put it in the hatch (trunk) and also under the spare tire area. that was the easiest one to do since you just take out the foam, the tire and you're good to go:)

i was planning on doing the floors, but i started taking the car apart and there's already some material there - didn't see a need to do it. overall the car is a lot quieter from what i remember and it sounds a lot more solid. in addition, the material does help to keep out some of the drafts that i had before when it was cold outside! :)

Netineti likes this.