1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sound Deadening Choices

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Bill Merchant, Jul 5, 2006.

?
  1. Dynamat Xtreme - $7.50/s.f.

66.7%
  2. B-Quiet Ultimate - $2.60/s.f.

33.3%
  3. FatMat eXtreme - $1.20/s.f.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. FatMat Rattle Trap eXtreme - $1.60/s.f.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. eDead v.1.SE² - $1.60/s.f.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Rowan

Rowan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Bill,

Have you installed the RAAMmat and Ensolite yet? I too am thinking about doing this and would like to know a few things.

Was the 62sq feet of RAAMmat and 3 yards of Ensolite enough? Did you install it based on there instructions page? Putting a layer of both on the exterior metal and another layer of both on the interior metal? How much did you have leftover? I am thinking about doing a little more than just the doors and that would help with planning. I did not seem like you would have enough Ensolite to do the two layers on each door.

What did you use to attach the Ensolite, the V& S 1081 that they sell?

Any feed back on the install would be great.

Thanks,

Rowan

2. Actual Mileage

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That article seems to clearly state that Damplifier is the best choice - or am I missing something?

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rowan @ Aug 16 2006, 11:06 AM) [snapback]304198[/snapback]</div>
    Best for sound deadening, but at a price. Read again. The best value (price performance) is RAAMmat. Use Damplifier if you have the bucks to blow. I added about 30 pounds to my car, so not a big MPG hit, and made it substantially quieter. I'm happy.

4. Actual Mileage

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ Aug 18 2006, 03:53 AM) [snapback]305200[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry - I am going to have to reread it. In his wrap up - I thought he said that while the Damplifier was more expensive, but you need less of it to do the job. Also - living here in Portland (the original one - in by gum Maine :rolleyes: ) without a garage, I noted that the Damplifier was the best in extremely cold weather.

Appreciate all your research.