1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sounds like clicking noise from the engine

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by tkersey, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Unlimited_MPG

Unlimited_MPG Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    UPDATE: I went in this morning showed the Tech my video. Tech has now ordered parts for T-SB-0204-11 (Vibration from Engine after Cold Soak). He believes this might fix the issue. Once I have this done I'll report back if it does fix the issue.

2. studioRS

studioRS Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Our 2011 does the same exact noise. I don't think is is a mechanical noise but, more like a loud electric noise. I'm going to equate it to almost like a relay going on/off very quickly located somewhere deep inside the dash area. Seems to only happen on certain throttle input levels, almost like when you float the throttle. Happens less when it is in cruise control but, definitely sounds like a relay going toggling on/off quickly.

3. Unlimited_MPG

Unlimited_MPG Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    UPDATE: had the engine mount TSB done today and it didn't eliminate clicking noise (what I believe is coming from the engine area). Happen right as I accelerated out of the dealership driveway. I think it may be the same noise others are posting about coming from the front fender area? I might try some of the advice from other poster on that issue and see what happens..

4. Jeff D

Jeff D New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two

5. Jeff D

Jeff D New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Have the same issue. Prius 2012. At 5000 miles, started to get a rattle from the dashboard area when accelerating from 30 to 50 mph. Something seems to be vibrating. Have appointment with dealer. Saw a reference to a Tech Service Bulletin concerning replacing fender clips to eliminate a similar sound. Maybe that is it?