1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Source for Dash Mats and Touch Screen Protection

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Cathy K, Mar 11, 2004.

1. TJ

TJ New Member

I just received the dash mat from Magnussen's Toyota. The fit is "ok", not great. I'm going to return it though. While I like the color and material used, it has no cut-out for the center speaker. Not desireable when you pay the extra $$ for the JBL system.

Tom

2. terkar

terkar New Member

TOM: Sorry you didn't have better luck with the dashmat. I agree, if you have the extra speaker, the mat has to fit otherwise return it. Re: Fit - it does take a long time and some effort to get it to fit correctly. I find that mine is even better now that the sun has had a chance to work on it a while.

3. drivenmore

drivenmore New Member

Hi terkar -

Would you please take some pics of your dash? I'd really like to see how it looks before calling them up.

Jason

4. terkar

terkar New Member

JASON: Can do However... I am a bit computer challenged so need a little help re: getting the pics on this site - my daughter has a digital camera and should return from a trip this Saturday. So... I take the pics then what???

5. drivenmore

drivenmore New Member

terkar: All you have to do once you have the pics taken and on your computer, is to goto "Photos" (at the top), goto to "Appearance Modifications" (or whatever), scroll down, and you'll see an Upload Pic button. Click it, and just fill in the blanks.

Jason

6. terkar

terkar New Member

Jason: Thanks for the info. Should have the pics on this site early next week.

7. terkar

terkar New Member

JASON: Sorry I took so long to get the dashmat pictures on the forum. Hope this helps.
    The mat really is a good fit - the key is taking the time to work it on properly.
    I really think the black looks good with the light interior.
    Thanks again for t=your help on getting the pictures into this forum.

8. Roger3125

Roger3125 New Member

Did I miss a post or two but did anyone ever post a photo of their dash cover online here. Anyone can tell me the difference between the carpet and the verlour material...aside from the obvious of course.

I heard that the ones from Toyota fit best....openions welcome

Thanks all

9. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Roger3125 @ Mar 29 2006, 02:28 PM) [snapback]231872[/snapback]</div>
    I got mine from Dashtopper, which I ordered from the Toyota Dealer. The advanage there was that it was cheaper, plus the dealer had samples so I could see what it would look like. Mine is the carpet and you can see it here. Carpet is stiffer, but it's a little less expensive (about $3 less from Dashtopper's site).

10. BobSoNH

BobSoNH Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    >>Also, how about a source for protective covers for the in-dash touch screen?

I got one from NuShield and was pretty disappointed.

First of all, the screen-side was covered with a thin protecting film that left a residue when I pulled it off. They said it would wipe off, but it didn't.

The main problem was that I couldn't get the NuShield behind the screen cowling. The instructions showed it being pushed under the bottom edge, but I couldn't get it to go in. Finally cut the thing and got it in. NuShield has offered to replace or refund, so they do stand by their guarantee.