1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Southeast Asia 2010-2011 Standard FM Radio Problems

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by xyes, Jun 22, 2012.

1. xyes

xyes Hybrid Synergy Driver Malaysia

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    As this radio is mostly dedicated to Southeast Asia region where majority of the units have gone to Thailand & Malaysia, especially Malaysia where there's no option for the Prius 2010-2011, there're apparently quite a number of problems resulted from the poor reception on the FM radio, including channel shifting when AF/REG AF is set on, besides the obvious static noises.

Some have been heading back to the dealer & service centre but the headquarter of the sole distributor has denied all the problem & saying the radio is operating according to "specification", when it's asked to show the "specification", they cannot produce it. Only a few brave-hearted are going to bring this up to the court for a resolution which Toyota has improved it on Prius 2012 by adding the antenna, but they refuse to make comparison to 2012 variant because they've put in JBL touchscreen display & JBL speakers which are not the same audio system.
    [​IMG]

2. tham

tham Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm facing the same problem too. Had made the complain and awaiting their feedback before bring them to court.

3. xyes

xyes Hybrid Synergy Driver Malaysia

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    They knew what's wrong with it, they just refused to make the improvement on Prius 2010-2011, nearly 4,000 units on the roads in Malaysia.
    Diversity Antenna.png