1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Southern CA -- first allocation of September.

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Dianne, Aug 31, 2004.

1. Dianne

Dianne New Member

LOL! Was I being picked on?
    I did not notice.
    I just said that Ricky was wrong, and he did not aprpeciate being told he was, but I have to clarify things when I see bad info, that's all! :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(glscheil1\";p=\"40137)</div>

2. jchu

jchu New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jchu\";p=\"36782)</div>
    Like I said Sept 1!!! :wink: :wink:

3. DanH

DanH New Member

Also, my short term beef had nothing to do with Dianne. For a short moment there after seeing the number on the website I thought it jumped up even again ever after the data Dianne received.

Anyway I went to the local dealer last night with the print out from the Toyota website to change my order officially for 2005. He almost made the same mistake and wrote down the 21,390 number and was about to add the freight charge to it. I told him I think that number includes the freight. (Thanks to the sanity check from the board here.) He went back somewhere and printed out a form from somewhere. That had the 20,875 price. ...and then the delivery fee is added. On a side note my wife and I wonder why these dealers don't have PC's at there desk. They did everything by a form that is filled out by hand. It seems so odd in this information age.

One other thing I found out is I could order what I wanted ( an AM or as also know as a #4 for 2005.) even though it wasn't in their allotment list and I showed him that package was a valid package for 2005. Of course I might have to wait a little longer, but I'm planning on some amount of wait anyway. Also on the upside the dealer thinks he's seeing a slight increase in cars showing up there. (And this is before the actual manufacturing increase due in 2005.)

4. ggrimaud

ggrimaud New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bruceha_2000\";p=\"37925)</div>
    I just picked up my 05 Tideland Perl BC Prius from Rickey at Fremont Toyota. While there I asked him about the information he posted and all the discussion that has followed. He gave me a copy of the document that he used when he posted it to this list. I have attached it to this message. He told me that each region can have an options package that is different than the national packages created by Toyota, but it is easier to get the standard packages, especially with a high-demand vehicle like the Prius.

My experience with Mr. Hirose was totally positive. I ordered my Prius on 8/22/04. I picked it on 9/18/04. I got exactly what I ordered, and I paid MSRP. As far as I am concerned Rickey's bona fides are in order.

5. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Sounds like Northern CA is in the same region as the Pacific Northwest (which, I guess, makes sense).

Those are the three packages we're supposed to be able to get -- BI, AM and BC.

Interesting that more BC packages being shipped than AM. 3 months ago, AM was the dominant model.

Maybe the rumors that they're trying to ship BC models now, before the EPA cracks down on them, are correct. These figures would back it up...

6. Dianne

Dianne New Member

that BJ package

Ricky is reading that production estimate wrong. That's a September production *order*, and I see these monthly and have for years. That's for September production, meaning VERY late October/all the way thru November arrival. FYI. It also changes - if it's off by earned units by 5-10 percent, it could change a lot of things. I wish they'd add the word "estimate" to these docs because in the wrong hands, they look etched in stone and we all know they are not. It could vary upwards or downwards.

Now, we all know the package #6 right now is BC so it's very possible that what he's got there is a non-proofed document in which they forgot to delete the text off another order sheet for some other place, or even from some other model, and did not catch the numbers of the packages being messed up to boot.

Or, with the EPA being all official about the volume of HID eadlamps, it may also be that they intend to sliver off the three items that cause a ratio problem with EPA - namely the skid control, the fog lamps, and the HIDs to make a BC (NAV) car a little cheaper and a little easier to slide thru the EPA's guidelines for weight and restrictions. Now, if they do this, it would be very smart. Perhaps this is planned but not yet announced officially, and may be one of those last minute changes they do on occasion? I'm on the edge of my seat, waiting to see!

Dianne

7. losaltosprius

losaltosprius Junior Member

This discussion is getting a little boring!

Today I went to the "official" Toyota Prius web site (http://www.toyota.com/prius/) and typed in a Northern California ZIP code. I then did the same thing with a Southern California ZIP code.

The option packages available on the "Build and Price Your Prius" for Northern California are, as Rickey said:

FE BI (called package 6)
    FE AM (package 7)
    FE BC (package 9)

For Southern California, the options are:

FE GY (package 2)
    FE BI (package 6)
    FE BC (package 9)

Package #2 (GY) includes: Driver & front passenger seat-mounted side airbags and front & rear side curtain airbags (GY)

Package #6 (BI) includes: Rear Intermittant Wiper, Smart Entry System, driver & passenger side & curtain airbags (BI)

Package #7 (AM) includes: Intermittent Rear Window Wiper, Driver & front passenger seat-mounted side airbags and front & rear side curtain airbags, Smart Keyless Entry System, Vehicle Stability Control,front foglamps,HID headlamps (AM)

Package #9 (BC) includes: Intermittent Rear Window Wiper, Vehicle Stability Control,Front fog lamps, HID Headlamps, Smart Keyless Entry System, Security Alarm, Homelink Garage Door Opener, Voice Activated Navigation, JBL ETR AM/FM/Cassette/6 Disc changer w/9 speakers, & Driver & front passenger seat-mounted side airbags and front & rear side curtain airbags(AF) (BC)

Note the package numbers! At least on the official Toyota site for both Northern and Southern California, BC remains package 9!

You can try other ZIP codes for other regions and get similar variations.

PDF copies of these two sites are attached.

8. ggrimaud

ggrimaud New Member

Re: that BJ package

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dianne\";p=\"40733)</div>
    I may have missed it from another discussion, but what does the EPA care about what options packags are purchased? Leave it to the governmant to make things more complicated...

9. C.RICKEY HIROSE

Deleted due to overt advertising not contributing to the discussion