1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Southern California Edison Rebate of $450

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by prius4owner, Mar 15, 2018.

1. prius4owner

prius4owner Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
  2. AnneLW

AnneLW Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Wish I'd known about this a few months ago. Before we put our house up for sale & it went into escrow 48 hours later.

"The address of the applicant must exactly match the address on the permanent vehicle registration card."

Well, I'll have service in my name at that address for a few more weeks. Might as well try it.

3. prius4owner

prius4owner Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Or otherwise once you move to your new place (if in California with SCE service though), change the car registration too to the new address. It should work.

4. AnneLW

AnneLW Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    That may be what we do. It costs $21 to get a new registration card after moving. Or I can wait until renewal time.

5. AnneLW

AnneLW Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    All will be well & it was approved in lessthan a week!:

"Congratulations! Your Clean Fuel Rewards Program (CFRP) application has been approved for your Toyota Prius Prime Plug-In Hybrid for $450.

We typically send your rebate check within 90 days of your application approval date. You will receive an email when your check has been placed in the mail. Delays beyond normal processing times my occur.

Please Note: Your rebate check will be mailed to the registration address provided on your application. Please contact us directly to update your mailing address if necessary."

Wuzki and prius4owner like this.
  6. stevepea

stevepea Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Yes, this has been going on for a while. Be prepared to wait the full wait time after approval... but the check did eventually come. Nice! And just to be clear, though SCE (and PG&E up north) make it SEEM like they're giving it to you out of their own funds, they are NOT. They are simply the agents who administer paying it, but the actual funds for the rebate come from another agency/group whose name escapes me now. You fill out the form with SCE (or PG&E) and have to be one of their customers, but the actual funds don't come from them, even though they make it sound that way (typical).

7. Prime_Time

Prime_Time Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    I don't think they are being deceptive as the 2nd sentence on the link is:

"The Clean Fuel Rebate is funded by the State of California’s Low Carbon Fuel Standard Program, which helps combat climate change by encouraging the use of clean fuels, like electricity, in vehicles."

8. Wuzki

Wuzki Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Applying mine tonight...

prius4owner likes this.
  9. AnneLW

AnneLW Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I just assumed the electric company liked the idea of cars that use their product. Even if they were paying the rebate, they'd eventually start turning a profit from my car (at least until I go solar).