1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Spark Plug replacement and other maintenance items

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by MrJamtastic, Mar 20, 2023.

1. MrJamtastic

MrJamtastic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    III
    Purchased this v one year ago at 129,000 miles. Today, 150800 miles. Runs excellent. No CELs. Average MPGs for year and model. Uses almost no oil and changed every 5000. Both coolants and transaxle fluids replaced when purchased. Have maintenance history as well and spark plugs have never been replaced, so time for replacement? Probably so. What else might i consider doing, maintenance wise? I read frequently here and other forums about the EGR circuit and those issues but it appears that was pre-2013. Comments and suggestions certainly appreciated! Thanks

bisco likes this.
  2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Don't kid yourself; EGR will need cleaning. Or wait for the head gasket to blow.

When the cowl and wipers are off for the spark plugs (assuming it's sim to 3rd gen hatchback), would be opportune time to do the EGR.

See first two links in my signature.

3. Tim Jones

Tim Jones Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Great time to sell it before the bad stuff starts happening and it cost you thousands just to keep it on the road.

Things that will go wrong for sure.
    Head Gasket and possible engine damage
    Brake System
    Traction Battery
    Water Pump

4. MrJamtastic

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    III
    Well, it’s obvious that the EGR components as well as the intake manifold will need to be looked after. I’m going to take care of this very soon before it becomes a real issue. Thats a given. Set a few days aside to R&R these components.,Traction battery may be an issue a few more years down the road. It’s healthy now with no bad cells.That’s easily remedied. Water pump? Same scenario. Brakes? Well, yea…something else to look into. Nothing that can’t be remedied…Anyway, thanks for the negativity.

5. MrJamtastic

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    III
    Thanks Mendel…I’m on it and will take heed of your advice!

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  6. Tim Jones

Tim Jones Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Truth Hurts don't it.

7. MrJamtastic

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    III
    Well obviously you have nothing positive to offer here…so thanks for nothing! Maybe someday you’ll develop a more positive attitude? In the mean time, just be well and move along…nothing to see here or comment on for you.