1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Speaker Upgrade from JBL "Premium" System

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by 7707Prime, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Gary Kahne

Gary Kahne New Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius PHV
    Model:
    Upgrade
    I hope you are reading this. When you said " Low bass is not enough and highs are not crisp enough?"
    It took my a few months to figure out why for the first time in my life I was turning off the music. Finally I turned the base almost all the way down and the sound went from "frankly disturbing" to only "simply deficient-in the low end". (I had put the bass all the way up to compensate for the absence of base.)
    Since I do not want to spend really big bucks I am wondering between 2 options: 1) add a powered under seat sub and leave the headunit bass set to about 20% or 2) take out all 6 speakers and replace them all with better speakers that can handle the bass without going all muddy as they now do, which is why I am turning off the music, regardless of source. Any comments on either of these choices would be greatly appreciated. Clearly and new amp , and all new speakers and a sub etc would be best, but that is just not going to happen . Thanks to you and any others who can chime in on this.