1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Spec D LED Tuning Taillights flashing

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by xjustinx, May 29, 2013.

1. xjustinx

xjustinx Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I recently installed a pair of smoked spec d tuning led taillights on my 2013 prius and the turn signals are flashing whenever I use them. I am very familiar with resistors but the lights came with a connector that would directly plug into the oem wire harness and it also came with a connector taped to the inside of the housing and also included in the box with another plug and play. Is anyone familiar with this or give my any info to get ride of the hyper flashing? Thanks.

2. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Need more info. Is it flashing only on one side and do you have any other aftermarket bulbs installed? A couple of members have received taillights with defective load resistors or cables that cause the hyperflashing.

3. xjustinx

xjustinx Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    there are no aftermarket bulbs installed. They are the Spec-D Tuning led smoked taillights. The left and right tail lights has turn signals that are flashing very fast

4. JANSone

JANSone JANS one

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I just went through this last week... when did u order the lights? I ordered mine last week and after I installed them and wiped everything down, I tried them out and they were hyperflashing, so I went online and read that u need resistors to correct the issue. I was about to place an order for some on eBay, and when I started putting my OEM tail lights in the Spec-D box, I saw the resistors there in the box! Remember that harness u were wondering about, that didn't really plug into anything? Well they include two resistors that plug into those harnesses at the bottom of the lights, which have 20 lb 3M adhesive strips on the back, which I mounted on the inside of the body, near the harness and assembly, and after redoing all the shit I just did and turning them on again, they worked perfectly. Let me know if u need help, I'll gladly walk u through it, as I hit a few roadblocks along the way.

BTW, are u okay with the amount of light when u reverse? I miss the brightness on the OEM lights...