1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SPECIFIC Plastic Rivets - for Side Skirt Rocker Molding Trim

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by unit333, Mar 19, 2014.

1. unit333

unit333 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi
    I already had a thread going for this particular damage, but after further investigation under the car i managed to take better pictures and find out exactly what i need to fix this. I need your help in identifying the black plastic rivet I need to order for this particular situation. Attached pictures has the damaged right side of the Rocker, a pic from the good left side as well as a shot of the broken plastic rivet. Any help identifying the part number or proper name would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Attached Files:

• PR1.jpg
      PR1.jpg
      File size:
      37.8 KB
      Views:
    • PR2.jpg
      PR2.jpg
      File size:
      35.7 KB
      Views:
    • PR3.jpg
      PR3.jpg
      File size:
      46.5 KB
      Views:
    • PR4.jpg
      PR4.jpg
      File size:
      103.6 KB
      Views:
  2. Mike500

Mike500 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Toyota specifically uses plastic "push-in" rivets that fit sizes 7mm, 9mm and 11mm holes.

The Toyota ones seem to have less holding power than the aftermarket ones with Phillips cross point head centers for removal. These have fine teeth that hold better than the one expansion point of the OEM ones. Toyota apparently uses them, because the ones with the Phillips screw center for removal requires a lot more pressure to push and lock in.

More pressure to lock in, means better holding power.

The best source for after market rivets in the NAPA Auto Parts Store.