1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Specification differences between toyota aqua 2013 and 2014?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by zakky, Oct 7, 2014.

1. zakky

zakky Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi every one;
    Can any one explain me what is the interior and exterior Specification differences between toyota aqua 2013 and 2014 and which is best?
    thank you;
    zakky

2. Matt H

Matt H Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A
    Newer one gets better mileage. Newer one has re-calibrated suspension. Lots of people complained that the suspension was too stiff. Interior and exterior look the same, as far as I can see.

3. rjdriver

rjdriver Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Would love to know how they accomplished a better ride and better mileage. I remember reading an interview with the head of design on the project back in late 2011 just before the Aqua was released in Japan stating that a more sophisticated suspension that would have given a better ride was sacrificed to save weight and keep the gas mileage up. "recalibrated" sounds like maybe they increased the shock travel slightly. There's only so much effect that can have, and the back end will still be the same. The car would require a major redesign to truly improve the ride, and it would have to increase the weight.

4. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Japanese rating MPG? The Prius C didn't change in MPGs at all.

5. Matt H

Matt H Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes. The older one was something like 35.4 km/l. Then the Honda Fit eclipsed it with a JC08 rating of 36, taking the hybrid fuel mileage crown. Toyota wasn't having any of that, so they did something to it, and the new Aqua is rated at 37 km/l.

With the suspension, they changed the shock damping and spring rate. The older Aqua's feel like a race car. Bust your teeth out, hard. When I changed from the OE Dunlop's to Bridgestone Ecopia EP20's, the ride got much nicer, but fuel mileage seems to have suffered just a tiny bit. Time will tell.