1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Speed sensor replacement

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by jkos95, Sep 7, 2017.

1. jkos95

jkos95 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I recently replaced the rear passenger wheel hub and bearing. Getting the speed sensor unclipped and off to swap out the hub was a pain... My brake, VSC, and ABS light has been on. Toyota said the sensor won't click in when they try to push the sensor on. (I probably messed it up while doing the hub replacement). I can't find any good guides or videos on doing the sensor replacement and/or the sensor wire replacement.

Can anyone give me some advice or links to a tutorial for this on a 2010 Prius V?

Ps. As far as troubleshooting goes, I tried disconnecting the battery for awhile, and I connected pins 4 and 13 to put the car in diags mode and pumped the brakes. ABS light didn't turn off.

Thanks in advance!

2. Sooner Al

Sooner Al Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
  3. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Did you damage the harness when taking it apart? It locks with a clam shell style mechanism. A bit fiddly the first time you are doing it.

How did reassembly go with the new hub? Any issues centering it? Did you check that the harness snapped into the new speed sensor prior to install?