1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Speedometer and Consumption meter not working

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by J the Ace, Sep 19, 2016.

1. J the Ace

J the Ace New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi everyone,
    Looking for some help. I have an 04 and both the combination meter and the MFD have power but will not track speed, mileage or consumption. The speedometer, fuel gauge, and odometer are lit up but will not increase or decrease. Speeds stays at 0, fuel at 2 squares, and odometer at 103XXX. Everything functions on the MFD, a/c, radio, info, but the consumption/regeneration graph stays flat even while driving . Any ideas?

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    How's your 12v battery health?

3. J the Ace

J the Ace New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    In the diagnostic it reads 12.4 then drops to 11.9 at initial start-up and levels off between 12.1 - 12.3.

4. Aluhex

Aluhex New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I' having the same exact issue on a 2012 prius 2, except mine shows one bar of gas. The issue happens often but sometimes everything will return to normal. Did you find a solution?

5. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Your car is a Gen 3, so you should start your own thread in an appropriate Gen 3 forum. The area where you have the "exact same problem" is different between Gen 2 and Gen 3, so you will get a better quality of advice from the Gen 3 forum members about your particular issue. Even more so if you detail your specific issues.