1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Speedometer display has died....

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by cjwenger07, Feb 1, 2011.

1. phoenixgreg

phoenixgreg Senior member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    On a G3, the sky-bridge console is integrated into the front dash panel. Three of those "garnish" pieces need to come off as a first step. The A/C vent covers are a bit different too, but the "clip with prong" concept was retained. G3s have small speakers in the dash plate that need to be extracted too. I don't know about G2s. Garnish panels for the side curtain have a trick to remove: there is a hidden retainer clip that needs to be rotated 90 degrees for extraction. This is so if the curtain air bag goes off, the garnish piece opens but stays put.
    Oh what I have been thru and learned fixing the G3 dash rattles!

2. Tommy777

Tommy777 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    II
    This happened to me! I had too much to drink one night so I let my friend drive home. It turns out she accidentally touched the backlight knob and it turned off. I was freaking out for a while until I googled my problem and found this post. Thanks!