1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

speedometer display stuck in day mode

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Max Cold, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Max Cold

Max Cold New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I got my car stereo replaced with an aftermarket unit and ever since the speedometer display has been stuck in daytime mode even if the headlights are on. So the interior speedometer display will not dim when the headlights are on even if I try to turn down the display with the dimmer wheel/knob. I also know it is stuck in daytime mode because there is not that button that Shows up on the multifunction display On the page where you can adjust display contrast and brightness etc.
    I assume maybe some dimmer switch somewhere with may be disconnected for the stereo installation and not reconnected?
    let me know if anyone has had any similar issue after having their stereo replaced?
    Thank you

2. 3prongpaul

3prongpaul Hybrid Shop Owner, worked on 100's of Prius's

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    They forgot to plug the wires back into the dash light dimmer switch. Take it back and have them fix it, or pull out the far left vent and try to do it yourself, but if you paid a shop they should make it right.