1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SpeedTV featuring my headlights

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by GoldPianoGarden, Feb 3, 2012.

1. GoldPianoGarden

GoldPianoGarden Bling Meister

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I just thought this was cool. As part of my Prius "overhaul", I bit the bullet and decided to go ahead and have all the front lights on the car customized. AACStyle is the company in Louisiana who has been doing the work on them. So far, they've painted the interior black, installed a halo around one of the projectors and the fog lights, outlined the entire headlights with LED's, made 3 horizontal amber "bars" for the turn signals on the side, installed a vertical amber driving light on both headlights (along the lines of the ones that BMW cars have on the top of their headlights now), installed color-changing LED projectors (to blue....to match my new Xtreme blue front and rear emblems that have been being made by AMPDEmblems), changed out the inside part of the lower front turn signals and outlined them with amber LED's, blah, blah, blah..... Anyhow, I know it's all too crazy for some members on here.....but I love it. Anywho, the thing I was getting to is.....AACStyle called this morning to get permission to feature my headlights on one of SpeedTV's special programs they're doing on headlight customizing. So, I just thought it was cool that they're going to be featured on a national television channel like that!

http://priuschat.com/forums/members...s-trial-pics-prius-lights-being-modified.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

edit: video added...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv02L-VpZPg&feature=player_embedded"]Toyota Prius - YouTube[/ame]

2. San_Carlos_Jeff

San_Carlos_Jeff Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
  3. GoldPianoGarden

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    PriusChat Forums - GoldPianoGarden's Album: Headlights, turn signals, and fogs being customized

That's just some pics I've bugged them to send me over the last month that they've had my lights, just as we're planning what to do or not to do, etc..... I think I've got one pic stuck in that album that is just the rear fog light from a 370Z that is being installed in my kit....

I haven't bugged them to send me any other pics in a while, cause I've changed my mind a zillion times, and had them change things I'd already "decided on", and I call them every day, etc... They were kind enough to give me a price reduction on the original headlight price, so I have tried to lay low recently! lol. The bodyshop is still "creating" parts of my body kit and custom fiberglassing parts for me, so I'm in no hurry for the lights back yet. They're another place that's bent over backward to accommodate me since my car was taken there in November and left (i.e., private, locked room, and car remains covered....). Grateful to have people like this that will endure all the mind changes I've thrown at them thru this whole process. This whole modification endeavor has cost around $20,000 so far, but hopefully I won't regret it!

4. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    if there are no pics... it didn't happen... :D

5. dustoff003

dustoff003 Blizzard Brigade #003

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    1 person likes this.
  6. GoldPianoGarden

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    lol... I hear ya! I have had the WORST computer luck the past couple of months. I'd been putting all the pics I'd been taking onto my C drive of the computer I use the most.... And, they weren't backed up elsewhere....(stupidly). Can you see where this is going? MY HARD DRIVE CROAKED! I lost EVERYTHING on my C drive....all my documents, my pics of my car (and all the ones I've been taking of my grandmother who I take care of), etc. I could have cried. Then about 2 weeks later, one of my 2TB external hard drives that I had been primarily using to put other stuff on.....DIED. The moral of this is ----- BACK UP YOUR STUFF! lol! So, I hate it that I will be starting mid-stream with all my car pics now, since I lost all the ones I'd taken before that. But, what can ya do? Just suck it up and keep trucking!

7. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It seems like you went overkill with the white LEDs on the lens. It looks like a christmas tree.

8. GoldPianoGarden

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    That's great, cause that's what I was shooting for.
    and, if you read the entire post, I explained that these pics were just in-the-works shots where I explained that they were just sending me a pic of something to see if I wanted it different or the same. This isn't the finished product, so please......avoid the panty wadding.....

9. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Double post

10. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    No panty wadding here. Just questioning your taste but since it's your grandmother's money I say go for it Mr. caregiver. :D

11. GoldPianoGarden

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I swear, some of the comments on this forum.............

12. GoldPianoGarden

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'm not out of work. I work a very limited schedule, based on when my mother can come and care for my grandmother while I'm away. And it's my mother's money. And she cuts me a check every Sunday..... === steady cash flow!

13. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sounds like quite the accomplishment. :rockon:

14. GoldPianoGarden

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks! :focus:

1 person likes this.
  15. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    To be fair, F8L and others are still going to tell you it's overkill even as a finished product. I know that's your style, being flashy and all, but if you're going to post pictures on a public forum you're going to get all sorts of opinions. I did warn you if you try to go overboard with mods the car becomes a caricature and you've acknowledged this yourself.

16. GoldPianoGarden

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yeah, I do like flashy. Just part of my wiring, I suppose, as a pianist.....

17. milkman44

milkman44 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Simply amazing how different people handle tough situations, some admirably with class, some not so.:eek:

18. GoldPianoGarden

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I agree! Thank goodness for good upbringing.

19. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You have been doing a pretty good job of not following what you were taught.

20. GoldPianoGarden

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III