1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Splash guard problems

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by barbaram, Feb 12, 2014.

1. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Yes, we are having a tough winter. I've had a Prius since 2006, and bought the 2010 in 2009 when it came out. This is the first winter I'm having a problem with the splash guards under the engine coming loose and hanging down.. I went to the dealer on 1/27 and had them put back in place. I went back again on 2/10. I looked under the car and again one side is hanging down. They dealer explained that it is a plastic clip that holds them in place. I don't drive over big lumps of snow & ice.
    I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem. I have a call in to the service manager asking if they have a sturdier guard that can replace the current ones.
    Other than moving to a non-snowy place , would appreciate your suggestions!
    Thanks!

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    some people have had the same problem. my recommendation would be to go to the local mechanic or bodyshop and ask if the could use more permanent fasteners than toyota, if your dealer insists on going by the book. my local guy is very good at putting things back together so they won't come apart unles he wants them to. all the best!(y) p.s., i'll be in jersey next week, please ask them to clear the roads!:p

barbaram likes this.
  3. glen68

glen68 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I just had mine come off too. At the dealership hoping they will fix it without trying to charge me

SPH-L710 ?